Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blizzard warning! School cancelled!

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:42 AM
  • 28 Replies

This is what it looks like right now.

Sunny, almost no wind, temp of 20*. All area schools are closed except one. Makes me wonder what that one district knows that the rest don't.

October is Celiac Awareness Month - undiagnosed Celiac disease is a risk factor for miscarriages & a cause of unexplained infertility. Only 1 out of every 5-6 people with Celiacs have been diagnosed.  csaceliacs.org, celiac.com National Foundation for Celiac Awareness

Gwen (44) David (56) Augie (6.5) Alex (5)

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Further proof of the lack of wind.

DACIA79
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:54 AM
Where do you live
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Minnesota.

Quoting DACIA79: Where do you live

meam4444
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:16 AM

Too funny!  We were bracing for this "blizzard" too.  It was pretty windy when the girls left for school, but since then, it has slowed down a bit.  It is nice to see the sun out!

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Quoting meam4444:

Too funny!  We were bracing for this "blizzard" too.  It was pretty windy when the girls left for school, but since then, it has slowed down a bit.  It is nice to see the sun out!

I'm disappointed that school was cancelled, I was looking forward to volunteering in my first graders class and parent/teacher conferences tonight. The wind is starting to pick up now, but unless we get fresh snow, that's not a huge deal (our current snow is pretty frozen together and not likely to blow around).

It is nice to see the sun!

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Why did they cancel school?  It isn't extrememly cold and there isn't any snow on the ground?  Seems extremely silly to me.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:09 PM

That's basically what we are all saying on FB.

I suspect they closed because it is supposed to get bad - and it can change quickly.  Definitely seems like they jumped a little too quickly, though.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Why did they cancel school?  It isn't extrememly cold and there isn't any snow on the ground?  Seems extremely silly to me.

MommaTurbo
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Is it supposed to hit before school is out? 

I figured MN would be a lot like MT. It takes a HUGE force of nature for them to cancel school! Lol! 

We had some pretty nasty weather come in on Monday, and they didn't even cancel the rural buses. We all just had to meet it at the bottom of our hill because he couldn't get up it. 

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:25 PM

How annoying! As odd as this may sound, I hope the bad stuff hits soon so the day off is justified.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:33 PM

Gotcha!  Maybe the superintendant is psychic and sees something that no one else can.

Quoting GwenMB:

That's basically what we are all saying on FB.

I suspect they closed because it is supposed to get bad - and it can change quickly.  Definitely seems like they jumped a little too quickly, though.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)