Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Not my debit card! WWYD

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 5:55 PM
Max
  • 47 Replies

Today I asked my husband to give me back my card. I had given it to him earlier in the week to deposit some money in my account. He took the card out and gave it to me, but it wasn't my card! 

It has some woman's name on it that I've never seen before. I think it's the card I gave him earlier in the week so I must have gotten it somehow while I was out shopping. 

I still have my own card too. 

So WWYD? Should I just destroy it and assume she's already ordered a new one? I've looked online for someone with that name in my town and can't find anything. 

by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happymommy1105
by Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Take it back to the bank
Pnukey
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 5:57 PM
3 moms liked this

I would contact the bank and have them find the owner. Then, I'd check my balances!

godsgirl26
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 5:57 PM
I would just destroy it. She's already ordered another one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
godsgirl26
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 5:58 PM
I was going to say this. But I wouldnt trust it in the hands of any bank teller.

Quoting happymommy1105: Take it back to the bank
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aj23
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I use  to be a manager at a convenience store and people left cards all the time. What I always did was call the customer service number on the back and tell them what happened and they would call the cardholder and most of the time the cardholder would call me back and let me know if they would come back to get the card or if I should cut it up and toss it because they ordered a new one. 

If it's been a week I would just cut it in half and toss it because they've likely already reported it missing.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jan. 19, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Quoting Pnukey:

I would contact the bank and have them find the owner. Then, I'd check my balances!

I did check mine. But I've had my own card the whole time. 

I was worried I could have accidentally used her card for something. But looking back over the last couple of weeks I know I didn't. 

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jan. 19, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Quoting aj23:

I use  to be a manager at a convenience store and people left cards all the time. What I always did was call the customer service number on the back and tell them what happened and they would call the cardholder and most of the time the cardholder would call me back and let me know if they would come back to get the card or if I should cut it up and toss it because they ordered a new one. 

If it's been a week I would just cut it in half and toss it because they've likely already reported it missing.

I have no idea how long it's been missing. 

But I will call the number on the card. Thanks!

cjsbmom
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 6:47 PM

This. 

How on earth do you think you got it in the first place? Did a store clerk accidentally give it to you instead of yours? Are you missing any cards?

Quoting aj23:

mommy053008
by Maria on Jan. 19, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Whoa that's crazy. Seems weird I would just cut it up and toss it.
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jan. 19, 2014 at 7:43 PM

Honestly I have no idea. 

I am not missing any cards. I don't know for sure if I had it and gave it my husband or if he picked it up somewhere by accident. 

I vaguely remember my three year old having my card in the check out at the grocery store last week. I remember wondering how he got it. Now I think he might have picked up someone else's card off the counter. 

Quoting cjsbmom:

This. 

How on earth do you think you got it in the first place? Did a store clerk accidentally give it to you instead of yours? Are you missing any cards?

Quoting aj23:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN