Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

I don't have time for this today!

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:34 AM
  • 25 Replies

We all probably have a lot to do today- what's something that has come up that you don't have time to deal w/, but have to anyway?

For me, it's my monthly hormonal migraine. I have to take ds2 and his cello to school (2 hr delay today), take him to an orthodontist appt during the day, pick ds1 up from an after school swim lesson (love indoor pools!), pick up ds2 and his cello from after school orchestra, and ds2 and I have a Cub Scout Pack meeting this evening. I don't have time to have a migraine try to lay me low for the day. Bring on the Advil, Tylenol and iced tea!

by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:41 AM
I have to work, but I have a cold. I can't afford to be sick. And on top of that, pur stupid insurance only paid part of a bill they should have paid in full. I don't have time to sit on the phone and fight with them over benefits their book said very clearly they will pay.
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Well, thanks to DF getting in a wreck ( he's fine), and my car still in insurance limbo....
I'm free all day,
I had to call and cancel the boys dermo apt, and dentist apt for the baby :/
So this is a do nothing but be stir crazy kinda day
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:14 AM

I have some work-work that I have to tackle, some scout work, and some PTA work too.  Not to mention that I have to clean out my minivan before it goes to the body shop on Monday morning.

The thing that I don't have time to deal with is the kids having a delay again today.  You add the delay with my seasonal affective disorder and you get a recipe for disaster.  Yep, I'm still in my pajamas sitting on the couch and I haven't done a blessed thing yet.  Yes, I'm a grade A slacker who needs a good swift kick in the ass.

huskermom98
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Sorry for the monthly migraine--I used to get those when I was on the pill and it was not a fun time...

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Thanks. I'm not on the pill, so these are strictly my own body being a pita =P  They started once I hit 40. . . Getting old is not for wimps!

Quoting huskermom98:

Sorry for the monthly migraine--I used to get those when I was on the pill and it was not a fun time...

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Amen, sister!  I thought that all of my older friends were crazy when they warned me about turning 40, I was shocked to realize that they weren't crazy.  Every ailment seems to be heightened after 40.  I've had more minor injuries since turning 40 as well.

Quoting wakymom:

Thanks. I'm not on the pill, so these are strictly my own body being a pita =P  They started once I hit 40. . . Getting old is not for wimps!

Quoting huskermom98:

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:24 AM

On the plus side, I've always been underweight- only time I easily gained was when I was pregnant. I think I'm the only person over 40 who is happy she's putting on a little weight!

(Please don't hate me too much!)

Quoting steelcrazy:

Amen, sister!  I thought that all of my older friends were crazy when they warned me about turning 40, I was shocked to realize that they weren't crazy.  Every ailment seems to be heightened after 40.  I've had more minor injuries since turning 40 as well.

Quoting wakymom:

Quoting huskermom98:

meam4444
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:11 PM

The flu!!  Ugh! 

dreandtaemommy
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:15 PM

work....im exhausted

StephanieSH
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:27 PM
I second the amen to that. I hit 40 and it's been one thing after another

Quoting steelcrazy:

Quoting wakymom:

Quoting huskermom98:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN