Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

I don't have time for this today!

Posted by   + Show Post

We all probably have a lot to do today- what's something that has come up that you don't have time to deal w/, but have to anyway?

For me, it's my monthly hormonal migraine. I have to take ds2 and his cello to school (2 hr delay today), take him to an orthodontist appt during the day, pick ds1 up from an after school swim lesson (love indoor pools!), pick up ds2 and his cello from after school orchestra, and ds2 and I have a Cub Scout Pack meeting this evening. I don't have time to have a migraine try to lay me low for the day. Bring on the Advil, Tylenol and iced tea!

by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:34 AM
Replies (11-20):
ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:32 PM

I have to work today and then run a bunch of errands after work to get ready for my Girls Night In tomorrow night.

I DON'T have time for the freezing cold weather and bad road conditions caused by it as it will slow me down (and I hate being cold!).

I hope your able to keep that migraine away!  They suck!

Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Last night we spent 5 1/2 hours in the ER with my daughter because we thought she'd broken her hand.  So this morning we are all dragging.  I completely blew off taking my son to band today :(

jaytee
by Jen on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:52 PM
Today's an open day. I've got lots of time on my hands.

Side note- I'm now really not looking forward to being in my 40's.
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:57 PM

I'm 44 and can't say I've experienced this. I haven't really been sick or even had a cold since I was 38. It must be the eating gluten free that's keeping me healthy.

Quoting StephanieSH: I second the amen to that. I hit 40 and it's been one thing after another

Quoting steelcrazy:

Amen, sister!  I thought that all of my older friends were crazy when they warned me about turning 40, I was shocked to realize that they weren't crazy.  Every ailment seems to be heightened after 40.  I've had more minor injuries since turning 40 as well.

Quoting wakymom:

Thanks. I'm not on the pill, so these are strictly my own body being a pita =P  They started once I hit 40. . . Getting old is not for wimps!

Quoting huskermom98:

Sorry for the monthly migraine--I used to get those when I was on the pill and it was not a fun time...

StephanieSH
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:22 PM
I don't get sick a lot in terms of colds or flu but I've developed some chronic problems since I had my daughter at 35. My immune system went haywire. I have thyroid disease, a horrible allergy to all fragrance and just found out I have uterine endometriosis.

Quoting GwenMB:

I'm 44 and can't say I've experienced this. I haven't really been sick or even had a cold since I was 38. It must be the eating gluten free that's keeping me healthy.

Quoting StephanieSH: I second the amen to that. I hit 40 and it's been one thing after another

Quoting steelcrazy:

Amen, sister!  I thought that all of my older friends were crazy when they warned me about turning 40, I was shocked to realize that they weren't crazy.  Every ailment seems to be heightened after 40.  I've had more minor injuries since turning 40 as well.

Quoting wakymom:

Thanks. I'm not on the pill, so these are strictly my own body being a pita =P  They started once I hit 40. . . Getting old is not for wimps!

Quoting huskermom98:

Sorry for the monthly migraine--I used to get those when I was on the pill and it was not a fun time...

mommy053008
by Maria on Jan. 23, 2014 at 4:32 PM

sickness not too long ago...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
LovlyRita
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:14 PM
Dinner. I have plans at six and I really do not want to deal with cooking for kids at 5 on top of getting homework done and daycare patents wandering in while I try to cook.
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:40 PM

I was just thinking the same thing!

Today was my day to clean a house for a friend. I was so NOT in the mood to do so. But I got it done. Then came home and did mine too. YIKES! NO wonder I passed out on the couch before dinner. Yep, I slept and it was my turn to cook. Hubby went and grabbed pizza. I also just got over being very sick. Flu hit me on Sunday and had me down until yesterday.

Quoting jaytee: Today's an open day. I've got lots of time on my hands.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:44 PM

My day ended up opening up quite a bit. Took ds2 and his cello to school, then ran him to the orthodontist about 1 1/2 hrs later, but I got out of everything else. Dh was out and finishing his errands at the time ds1 was to get done w/ his swim lesson, so he picked both ds1 and ds2 up. B/c of the extreme cold, ds2's Cub Scout Pack meeting was cancelled. I got a lot of relaxing and recovering done. My head feels so much better now!

Quoting jaytee: Today's an open day. I've got lots of time on my hands.

MissyB1011
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:49 PM

I am so sick of delays and cancellations. It messes up my schedule and makes my day even harder, especially the delays. The delays make my work day so much more stressful!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN