Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

I don't have time for this today!

Posted by   + Show Post

We all probably have a lot to do today- what's something that has come up that you don't have time to deal w/, but have to anyway?

For me, it's my monthly hormonal migraine. I have to take ds2 and his cello to school (2 hr delay today), take him to an orthodontist appt during the day, pick ds1 up from an after school swim lesson (love indoor pools!), pick up ds2 and his cello from after school orchestra, and ds2 and I have a Cub Scout Pack meeting this evening. I don't have time to have a migraine try to lay me low for the day. Bring on the Advil, Tylenol and iced tea!

by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:34 AM
Replies (21-25):
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:52 PM

I know what you mean! After that first full week of Jan, we haven't had any more cancellations, but have had several 2 hr delays. While not having an alarm go off as early is nice, it's throwing my usual routine all out of whack.

Quoting MissyB1011:

I am so sick of delays and cancellations. It messes up my schedule and makes my day even harder, especially the delays. The delays make my work day so much more stressful!

MissyB1011
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:03 PM

I feel even more off because I work in the same school as DS. It is chaos getting the lunchroom ready when we have delays. We no sooner get to school and I am prepping for the first group.

Quoting wakymom:

I know what you mean! After that first full week of Jan, we haven't had any more cancellations, but have had several 2 hr delays. While not having an alarm go off as early is nice, it's throwing my usual routine all out of whack.

Quoting MissyB1011:

I am so sick of delays and cancellations. It messes up my schedule and makes my day even harder, especially the delays. The delays make my work day so much more stressful!

Impressionists
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Same here!

Quoting StephanieSH: I second the amen to that. I hit 40 and it's been one thing after another

Quoting steelcrazy:

Amen, sister!  I thought that all of my older friends were crazy when they warned me about turning 40, I was shocked to realize that they weren't crazy.  Every ailment seems to be heightened after 40.  I've had more minor injuries since turning 40 as well.

Quoting wakymom:

Thanks. I'm not on the pill, so these are strictly my own body being a pita =P  They started once I hit 40. . . Getting old is not for wimps!

Quoting huskermom98:

Sorry for the monthly migraine--I used to get those when I was on the pill and it was not a fun time...

soymujer
by Mikki on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Most days is like this but I don't have time in the mornings for my youngest to be in his uncooperative moods.

family in the van   Mom of four

steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:09 PM
Nothing really.. the kids have been out of school all week because of snow.. maybe laundry.. I hate doing laundry!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN