Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

When was the last time?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:46 AM
  • 15 Replies

When was the last time you got to go out by yourself with friends? With your dh/so?

I'll admit, dh and I get to go out much more often without the kids now that ds1 is old enough to watch his brother and sister. Not that we go out a ton, but it's much easier now. We went to my cousin's this past Monday evening for dessert.

Our neighborhood has been having a monthly Ladies Night Out for the past several months. It's so nice to leave the kids w/ the dads and get to meet some of the other ladies in the neighborhood. With how crazy-busy so many of us are, it's sometimes the only time we get to see each other and catch up. Get to go do that tomorrow night : )

by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:51 AM

My girl friends and I go to a bar for drinks after every PTA meeting, so that would be a monthly occurance.  My husband and I go out fairly regularly, typically once a week, while the kids are in school.  He normally has a day off during the week, so we'll go out for breakfast or lunch, see a movie, etc.

happynewyorker
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:52 AM

The last time I went out with by myself or with friends was maybe to lunch during work.  I hate to say this but when my daughter goes to visit with my parents, I'm at a lost when she's not around.  I went out with friends before I was married or had Katharine about 10 years ago.  For me, I enjoy being around Katharine.  When she's away with my parents, I like being at home and relaxing and cleaning and organizing.  I know I'm weird! :)

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:02 PM

I have Girls Night In once a month.  We all bring a dish to share and the hostess provides the beverages.  I'm hosting this month.

I don't go out as often with others as I would like - all of my friends are married so they have "things to do". So when my kids are with their Dad, I tend to hang out at home.  Not complaining though, I enjoy my 'relax time'.

I have just been invited to a monthly Girls Night Out, but that's in a town that's over an hour away (all of that group lives in my hometown) AND it's always on a 'school/work night'.  In that case, I would need my Mom to watch the kids and I'm not sure I would want to make the 2 hour round trip ride each time.  I'm still 'thinking on it'.

I've been in my new neighborhood since June and am coming to realize that the neighbors aren't as social as I'm used to (sigh).  I'm hoping to change that when the weather turns a little warmer.

highlandmum
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:03 PM

I cannot remember.  It has been a long time between work and our childrens schedules it is amazing that we even have a night in together.

huskermom98
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:05 PM

DH & I had a date night right before Christmas--only because I happened to run into our babysitter at the gym and we got something set up!

It's been awhile since I've been out with friends for a fun night--but I do go to a couple of different scrapbooking crops/retrreats throughout the year so I do get "away".

LoriAnn87
by LoriAnn on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:53 PM

The last time I went out myself was about 3 weeks ago when I got my nails, friends I really don't go with them since I don't have many and my husband went out couple of weeks for lunch.

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:55 PM
October
StephanieSH
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:56 PM
I go to a book club one night a month and I go away with my friends from college one weekend a year. My husband is really bad about date nights but I made him commit to them this year bc we hardly ever get any time together. He works late and on the weekends we end up splitting up a lot bc we each take a kid and go to their activities. Plus he doesn't like paying for a babysitter
jaytee
by Jen on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:58 PM

All my girlfriends live far away so we don't get together often :-(

My DH and I go out maybe 5-6 times a year.

We do TRY to get together with our friends monthly to play cards. Usually the kiddos are with us though.

gracie0221
by Gracie on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:03 PM

I went out last week. I usually go out with girlfriends about twice a month and dh and I go out about once a month.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN