Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Pinewood Derby?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:19 PM
  • 24 Replies

Anyone else have a Cub Scout making a car?

by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:23 PM

I have tried talking my 3 boys into joining boy scouts, but they are not interested. Good luck and have fun building the car.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

We had our PWD last Saturday.  My son came in first place for his rank.  Good luck to your son.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Yes. He's so excited- this is his last year to make one b/c our Pack crosses over to Boy Scouts in Jan. He's a 4th gr Webelos, and will cross over about halfway through 5th gr. Our Derby is in March.

When is your Scout's Derby?

melaniecerise
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Mine is finishing his car because his derby is on Saturday

punkomama08
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:11 PM

my girlscout made one about a month ago!

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Awesome! My dd has always "made" one along w/ her brothers. In another couple yrs, I'm going to suggest to her Girl Scout leaders that they have their own Pinewood Derby b/c I know she would love to make one for real (dh gets her the pre-cut ones to paint and decorate now).

Quoting punkomama08:

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:19 PM

Not pinewood derby but we are getting ready for our AWANA grand prix and it's the same thing :)  I'm glad we have an electronic finish line because last year our first place kid won by .001 seconds!

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Our pack and GS troop have a race at the end of the PWD.  It is a lot of fun to see the girls race the boys.  The girls won this year.  We try to make all of our pack events family friendly and a lot of the families have girls, so we started the GS vs CS race a few years back and it has been a huge hit with the kids.

Quoting punkomama08:

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:19 PM

I haven't seen a PWD without an electronic finish line since the early 1990's.  Didn't realize that people were still eyeballing it.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Not pinewood derby but we are getting ready for our AWANA grand prix and it's the same thing :)  I'm glad we have an electronic finish line because last year our first place kid won by .001 seconds!

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Yep. They had the weigh in tonight.  Race is Sunday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)