Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Disney on Ice - edit : )

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:54 PM
  • 11 Replies
I need you to explain to my daughter why she would want to go to Disney on Ice. We have tickets through Girl Scouts. She insists she doesn't want to go.

I'm not much help-I've never been to D on I.

She is 7. Any help?

EDIT: We went and she loved it. Afterwards, she saw the people coming in for the next show and asked if we could stay for it.
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Impressionists
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:57 PM
Forget it. She will go now. She apparently thought that we were going with a troop not her own.
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Glad she decided on her own.

I took dd (2nd gr) w/ her troop last yr. I enjoyed it, and she says she did, but she was such a squirmy worm (sat in her seat, sat on me, sat on the floor, whined a bit about being tired/bored), that I refused to take her this yr. She has trouble sitting still for her 9th gr brother's orchestra concerts (and she's been going to those since he was in 5th gr), so I should've expected that, but I thought the skating and Disney stories might keep her attention better. Nope : (

MrsApple
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Glad she changed her mind! We took out daughter last year when she was 6 and she LOVED it.We're going back this year and she can't wait.

meam4444
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:46 PM

I am happy she changed her mind--what an exciting show!  :-) 

emarin77
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:59 PM

You get to see your favorite characters on ice.  There is comedy skits too so people are always laughing in some parts.  Basically it is a magical show with different groups in different scenes from the cartoon and movie also.  It is a lot of fun.  I saw the show when I was a kid and my son did too. 

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:13 PM

IDK, I haven't been in nearly 30 years.  The last time I went, I was a teen and my much younger brother won tickets through a coloring contest.  I was bored out of my mind.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Glad she changed her mind. We brought ds when he was 7 and he didn't really enjoy it, he said it was "ok"

MSJAP2010
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:15 AM
I was debating on buying tickets for my son when it comes to St Louis. If I do Monster Jam, we won't do Disney
LovlyRita
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Last time we went it was a Toy Story one. They sold lots of light up toys and cotton candy.
Bieg9093
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Tell her Mommy wants to see Aladin all bare-chested in that little vest.  YUM!

And bring tons of money with you.  Gotta buy something that lights up and will probably get stuck in her hair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)