Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

I let them stay home today.

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:39 AM
  • 51 Replies

We got the call yesterday that because the temps are so low and expected to be almost 0 this morning there was going to be a 2 hour delay for the kids. Even at the time that they would be out at the bus stop (we have one car and I have it at work when they are at the bus stop) they would still be out in single digit temps. The temps here (in Tennessee) have been going from 12* one day to almost 50* the next but today it was 9* so we decided last night to let them sleep in today and let them stay home.

by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Ok, you are their mom so it is your decision.  I just hope that you didn't leave them home alone all day since you are at work.

charleyangel317
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Daddy is a sahd (umpires baseball) so he is there with them.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Ok, you are their mom so it is your decision.  I just hope that you didn't leave them home alone all day since you are at work.

mommy053008
by Maria on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Where in TN are you? That's where We live it's a whopping 11 degrees right now supposed to get up to 50 again on Sunday. My daughters school had no delays or anything.
jaytee
by Jen on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:29 AM

That is your decision to make :-)

My kiddos haven't had school all damn week! I'm slightly annoyed.

charleyangel317
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Just outside Chattanooga

Quoting mommy053008: Where in TN are you? That's where We live it's a whopping 11 degrees right now supposed to get up to 50 again on Sunday. My daughters school had no delays or anything.

mommy053008
by Maria on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:31 AM
I technically live on the ga/Tn line and I mean on the line so technically ga but my dd attends Tn school in Chattanooga :-)

Quoting charleyangel317:

Just outside Chattanooga

Quoting mommy053008: Where in TN are you? That's where We live it's a whopping 11 degrees right now supposed to get up to 50 again on Sunday. My daughters school had no delays or anything.

charleyangel317
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Well I am at work so daddy is with them. They pretty much sit and work on crafts like I do so they keep themselves occupied.

Quoting jaytee:

That is your decision to make :-)

My kiddos haven't had school all damn week! I'm slightly annoyed.

MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:33 AM
My son is only going for a half day. I need to get my car fixed and they were able to squeeze me in at 2 today so yeah..
charleyangel317
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:35 AM

I grew up in Chickamauga, GA just across the state line from Chattanooga

Quoting mommy053008: I technically live on the ga/Tn line and I mean on the line so technically ga but my dd attends Tn school in Chattanooga :-)

Quoting charleyangel317:

Just outside Chattanooga

mommy053008
by Maria on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:37 AM
That's awesome I grew up in the technical hixson area. But moved to rossville this last year. Got a great deal on a house :-)

Quoting charleyangel317:

I grew up in Chickamauga, GA just across the state line from Chattanooga

Quoting mommy053008: I technically live on the ga/Tn line and I mean on the line so technically ga but my dd attends Tn school in Chattanooga :-)

Quoting charleyangel317:

Just outside Chattanooga

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN