Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Kitchen Talk 01/24/14

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Jen
  • 10 Replies

Today is ~National Peanut Butter Day~

Do you like peanut butter? What kind do you buy? Do you eat any peanut butter substitutes? What's your favorite way to have peanut butter or a substitute for it?

by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy053008
by Maria on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:30 AM
Yes on is alright we buy the jif natural pb and nutella which isn't technically pb
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:49 AM
I will eat it sometimes. DH and DS2 love it!

Skippy reduced fat
charleyangel317
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:51 AM

I like peanut butter. I like chunky

_Meg_
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:19 AM

I absolutely loooove peanut butter. I usually buy Skippy Natural (both creamy AND chunky). As for substitiutes...I occasionally buy almond butter, and I have tried sunflower butter before. 

My favorite way to have it is on buttered toast (gluten-free for me). So melty and delicious. Or with celery! I also love anything else peanut butter...cookies, cheesecake, ice cream/frozen yogurt...

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I love peanutbutter.  I will only buy Jif and I always have at least one jar of creamy and one jar of chunky in the house.  My favorite way to eat it is with a spoon. ;)

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Yes I like peanut butter. I only eat the creamy kind and I vary between name brands. Right now I have Smart Choice Natural and Peter Pan brand in my cabinets. I enjoy the good old fashion peanut butter and jelly sandwich, I can even just have a good old peanut butter sandwich.

soymujer
by Mikki on Jan. 24, 2014 at 1:08 PM

I love peanut butter!  I buy Jiffy Creamy.  I like it on peanut butter and jelly, celery.

family in the van   Mom of four

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jan. 24, 2014 at 2:44 PM

I love peanut butter. Crunchy is my favorite but never buy it because I am the only one that it's it that way. My kids love creamy. We buy that HUGE can of Peter Pan at Walmart. Last about 2 months. They eat it on pancakes, waffles, toast, bread, biscuits, spoons, dip apples in it.

I love it for dipping apples, on toast or English muffins and on my waffles or pancakes, skip syrup.

We also love making buckeyes.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 3:44 PM
I'm not a huge fan. But the boys love it.

I buy what ever organic ir natural I have a coupon for or is on sale.

The boys also really like the flavored Pb. Mostly chocolate or white chocolate.

They eat it on bread, English muffins and by the spoon
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 3:47 PM
I like it. I buy jif reduced fat creamy. Other brands taste too much like peanuts for me. I don't eat it often though. Its too much fat for a munchy thing and if I eat it when I'm actually hungry it just makes me sick.

My dd could live on it though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN