Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

We want to hear about your breakfast habits! You could WIN $25!! WINNER ANNOUNCED

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:24 PM
  • 29 Replies

We want to hear about your breakfast habits! Answer all our questions and you could win!

bouncing mom

One mom who replies to all the questions below will win a $25 gift card!

How has having kids changed your breakfast time and what you eat?
What is breakfast like at your house?

The Giveaway Rules:

The Elementary School giveaway starts 1/24/14 at 5pm (ET) and ends 1/27/2014 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period"). Enter by replying to the above questions with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.

One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $25 gift card to Target, Walmart or Amazon.com

The random drawing shall occur on or about 2/1/14. No Purchase Necessary. Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyJag
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Honestly, having kids hasn't changed when or what I eat for breakfast. I still eat breakfast before I go to work in the morning, and most days it's a bowl of cereal. Hubby takes our 7-year-old daughter to school, and they both usually eat cereal as well. Every now and again, if DD is good getting up during the week, hubby will take her to Chick-Fil-A for breakfast on Friday before school.

On the weekends, we'll either go out for breakfast, have cereal at home, or hubby will cook us eggs and bacon.

duets
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:44 PM

good  

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 25, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Having a child has made me need to eat breakfast just so I have energy in the morning.

Flaca43
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 9:49 AM
I don't think I've changed my breakfast time or what I eat, really. Maybe it's a little more structured around school days. As I.ve gotten older I know I'm trying to eat healthier.
jessicasmom1
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 9:51 AM

eggs, bacon, wheat toast or eggs, bacon, homefries at 6 am I start to cook ....every day since school age for DD, I think it gives her energy for school to take her up to lunch time eat at school  and be ready to come home for dinner. 

jessicasmom1
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 9:51 AM

the weekend is cereal, cinnamon rolls, waffels, panacakes

sunshinepraying
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 10:36 AM
Now that we have kids, I'm less likely to skip breakfast, especially since DD doesn't want to eat without me
sunshinepraying
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 10:37 AM
The kids usually eat together before taking DS to school. Once dd and I get back, we usually eat breakfast together too. DD doesn't like to eat a lot, so this helps her
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:43 PM

I was never a huge breakfast person prior to kids so it didn't change that much.  My kids sleep fairly late so some days we jump right to lunch.  My kids often do a fruit pouch or banan and nutella.  I'll do banana.  I'm not a fan of cereal.

UCFknight
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Our breakfast routine hasn't changed much since having kids. I do however, wake up 20 minutes earlier so I can get a cup coffee in me before I start the day. I have always loved breakfast so I never skimp on that meal. My husband usually takes his breakfast to work and eats there, while I sit the kids down to biscuits and gravy, grits and eggs, cornmeal and toast, or omelettes and waffles. People who visit always ask us to not go overboard with breakfast, but it's the best meal of the day, in my opinion. Oh, and I love making eggs Benedict, at least once a week we have to have it for breakfast! Lol, on the weekends though we have big family breakfast, where we sit, and eat and talk for at least an hour before we get dressed and begin our Saturday run arounds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)