Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Accidentally stolen...s/o Max's

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:31 AM
  • 38 Replies
Ok...fess up! What have you or the lids ever accidentally stollen...Like "How did this get in there?"

I was grocery shopping with all three kids...DD was probably around 9-10months so the boys.were 3 and 6ish. Middle of winter, got out to the car and in the seat of the cart,next to DD was a block of cheese.

I didn't go back in and pay.but I did cut out the scan thing and took it back the next time and paid. The cashier laughed so hard and told me to keep it as a souvenir for my honesty and didnt charge me.

Another day, my oldest.was maybe 3yo and he walked out of Toys R Us with a ball..I did make him walk back in and apologize and return it.
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:36 AM

I plead the fifth.  sidesplittinglaughter

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:37 AM
We are not taliing about your purposeful clepto self!

Quoting steelcrazy:

heydooney
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Before Halloween, we picked out pumpkins and had them in the cart. We bought some other things and put those on the belt. Before we started we told the cashier we had pumpkins, but when we got out to the car they weren't on the receipt. I wasn't about to get them back out of the trunk to go in, so I just ran in to the self checkout and asked the person there to help me ring up five pumpkins.

my4littlegirls
by and 1 boy on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:41 AM

We were in Key West walking around on vacation. Dd3 was like 1 or 2 at the time and in a stroller. We were in and out of shops then next thing we notice she had a bottle of hot sauce in her hands. We don't even know what shop it came from. :( so we didn't go back and pay for it. 

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Now if one of our husbands comes to arrest me, it is ALL YOUR FAULT!

I stole a huge bag of dog food from the grocery store.  Both kids were little, infant and 3 years, and the dog food was on the bottom of the shopping cart.  I put everything from the basket on the belt, but totally forgot about the dog food until I was at my car.  I tossed the bag in the trunk and went home since the kids were already buckled in their seats.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3: We are not taliing about your purposeful clepto self!

Quoting steelcrazy:

wiener
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:45 AM
A bag of dinner rolls. I had them sitting in the seat part of the cart so they wouldnt get smashed. Well when I was checking out I didn't think to look under the stack of store adds and coupons I had on top of them. No I did not go back in to pay for then either. It was .99 cents
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:57 AM
I worked.security at a store. We called that "b.o.b" for bottom of basket. It is so common. We.would ask"Have you seen Bob?" to make sure the cashier saw it.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Now if one of our husbands comes to arrest me, it is ALL YOUR FAULT!

I stole a huge bag of dog food from the grocery store.  Both kids were little, infant and 3 years, and the dog food was on the bottom of the shopping cart.  I put everything from the basket on the belt, but totally forgot about the dog food until I was at my car.  I tossed the bag in the trunk and went home since the kids were already buckled in their seats.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3: We are not taliing about your purposeful clepto self!

Quoting steelcrazy:

jaytee
by Jen on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:03 PM

My dd accidently left the store with a book. We brought it back to the store and paid for it.

cindilou13
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 1:16 PM

When my DS was about 9-10 months we were shopping in the mall, he was in his stroller.  We were browsing Old Navy and he apparently snagged a baby shirt, hanger and all, right off a rack as we went by.  We found it about an hour later when we were getting him out for a diaper change, it had slid down between him and the side of the stroller.  We put in down in the basket of the stroller and though we didn't rush right back, before we left the mall we did go back to the store.  When I walked in I went straight to the cashier and said, he accientally grabbed this shirt I guess, here you go.  She was astounded that we had brought it back.

DS also accidentally stole a pack of underwear from Sears when he was a toddler.  I was pushing the stroller with his younger DD, DH & DS were walking around, they looked at underwear but DH didn't realize DS was still holding a pack in the hand DH wasn't holding and DS apparently put it in the diaper bag, as I found it there later.  We agreed that next time we were at the mall we would have them ring one up and pay for it but honestly I don't think we ever got around to it.

Sunshine257
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 1:17 PM
I don't think so.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)