Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

It Finally Happened

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:13 PM
  • 43 Replies

School let out early and got cancelled for tomorrow! She hasn't missed a day of school at all this semester (went back Jan 7th). There was a lot of black ice, a 17 car pile up the county over and a total of 132 wrecks today just from our county. Us southerners are really not prepared for this kind of weather! 

Thankfully my daughter's great aunt works at the school and took her home, and all my kids left safely from work and I got home safely! It was pretty scary though!!!

Here's our first (and hopefully last) official snow day!!! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Good news is this wont count against her attendance.   A rare snow day almost all southerners enjoy once they get home.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Cute.  Enjoy all of that snow and if you need more I can send ya some.  We got 8" just this past weekend.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you need a little polar vortex to go along w your snow! I'll send you mine! Lol

Enjoy your snow!

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:31 PM
3 moms liked this

My 13 year old wants to know why they call it a polar vortex instead of global cooling.  I couldn't even begin to come up with an answer to that one.

Quoting GwenMB:

I think you need a little polar vortex to go along w your snow! I'll send you mine! Lol

Enjoy your snow!

beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Wouldn't it be nice to be able to Fed Ex some of it away? Lol. Our plow guy for our apartment is literally running out of places to put the snow!

Quoting steelcrazy:

Cute.  Enjoy all of that snow and if you need more I can send ya some.  We got 8" just this past weekend.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kylie819
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:33 PM
Cute pics!

We are off school for the fourth time this month due to the cold! -20 without the wind chill in the morning. Brrr!!!
pochaccotx
by Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:33 PM
Send some to Houston lol.

Quoting beadingmom17: Wouldn't it be nice to be able to Fed Ex some of it away? Lol. Our plow guy for our apartment is literally running out of places to put the snow!

Quoting steelcrazy:

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Probably because the cold air comes out of the polar region. "Global cooling" is something else entirely.

Quoting steelcrazy:

My 13 year old wants to know why they call it a polar vortex instead of global cooling.  I couldn't even begin to come up with an answer to that one.

Quoting GwenMB:

Enjoy your snow!

we-r-up-to-4
by Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Send some to Washington too!!!
cocoroo
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Where do you live?  I find it funny that the south is getting more snow than I am in western Wa this year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN