Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Blackhead removal & prevention on kids

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 11:28 PM
  • 13 Replies
Hi everyone,
My son who is 7 has little blackheads on his nose and bigger ones in his ears. They are so annoying to look at. He is a active little boy so perhaps sweat is the reason behind the blackheads. Should I clean his ears and nose with witch hazel or alcohol? I managed to squeeze one out that was in his ear but I know I shouldn't have done that and it didn't hurt him so yeah I was bad because I couldn't help myself. I won't do it again though because I'm scared I'll make it worse or get it infected. Help! How to safely prevent and get rid of blackheads on young children?
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jan. 28, 2014 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Here are some natural ways to remove them.

AndresGabriel
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 12:01 AM
Thanks for the link. I'm hoping to find something a little more kid friendly. Unfortunately applying a clay mask or egg white mask to my 7 yo face and letting it sit and then rinsing just wouldn't work lol. The tooth rush method for sure wouldn't lol. I'd like to find something easy. I've heard of creams the dr can prescribe but I just don't think it's that serious for a kid. Who knows though, I'm keeping all options open to prevent this problem worsening or prolonging.
I personally will definitely be trying a couple of the ones off the site you recommended. Thanks!

Quoting kmrtigger:

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jan. 29, 2014 at 12:12 AM

I have three boys and they are very active. My middle son can break a sweat sitting still. At about the age of 7 I began having them wash their faces with Stridex for sensitive skin. It seems to keep the blackheads gone.  They also have to wash their faces a few times a day and pat it dry with a towel. It's routine for them.

Quoting AndresGabriel: Thanks for the link. I'm hoping to find something a little more kid friendly. Unfortunately applying a clay mask or egg white mask to my 7 yo face and letting it sit and then rinsing just wouldn't work lol. The tooth rush method for sure wouldn't lol. I'd like to find something easy. I've heard of creams the dr can prescribe but I just don't think it's that serious for a kid. Who knows though, I'm keeping all options open to prevent this problem worsening or prolonging.
I personally will definitely be trying a couple of the ones off the site you recommended. Thanks!

Quoting kmrtigger:

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 12:41 AM
2 moms liked this

Loook into Biore's facial strips/nose strips.  Those have helped me and they are not invasive like other substance.  Perhaps aveeno facial wash would be gentle enough for his skin.  Definitely make sure he washes his face and ears well.   You could probably talk to a dermatologist about safe ways to help.

jlimes
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 5:05 AM

I was worrying about the same thing for my nephew! This helps! Thank you!

mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:09 AM

I wouldn't put those on a child. You might as well put duct tape on their skin.

Talk to your ped. And teach good facial cleansing habits.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Loook into Biore's facial strips/nose strips.  Those have helped me and they are not invasive like other substance.  Perhaps aveeno facial wash would be gentle enough for his skin.  Definitely make sure he washes his face and ears well.   You could probably talk to a dermatologist about safe ways to help.

mommy053008
by Maria on Jan. 29, 2014 at 3:27 PM
I would ask your child's pediatrician.
LAHnTAH0812
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 3:30 PM
Scrub with baking soda
KRIZZ25
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 5:04 PM
black head wash ..do couple times a week .
Dodie702
by Doriane on Jan. 29, 2014 at 7:43 PM
I would see what your pediatrician recommends.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN