Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Reusing Night Time Pull Ups

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 4:20 PM
  • 89 Replies
1 mom liked this
For those who have children in night time pull ups do you reuse dry pull ups for the next night? I've always had my boys throw them away. I started thinking about it and realized how much money I was wasting. Now I tell them to keep their dry pull ups on their bed for another nights use. My kids shower at night so they are clean. Do you consider this hygienic?
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 4:58 PM

Uh why would an elementary kid be in pull-ups? 

KRIZZ25
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 4:59 PM
5 moms liked this
yea i would..some kids have issues mjande4
cherylmoore
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 5:09 PM
4 moms liked this
Nathan wore them until a few months ago and yes we reused them if they were dry. But never more than 2 nights. Same as pajamas. He wears them two nights before washing
debramommyof4
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Some kids do not wake up at night or have small bladders. My 7 year old still needs pull ups at night and has not needed them during the day since she was 3. For us it is genetic because her Daddy did the same thing. My 3 year old and 4 year old both have the same problem. But my 8 year old has been completely dry since she was 2 1/2.

OP I let them use the pull up 2 times as long as it stays dry. It saves money.

Quoting mjande4:

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 5:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Wouldn't that be a red flag for the doctor?  It doesn't seem developmentally appropriate unless there are special needs.  Preschool I can see.  Elementary doesn't seem normal. 

Quoting debramommyof4: Some kids do not wake up at night or have small bladders. My 7 year old still needs pull ups at night and has not needed them during the day since she was 3. For us it is genetic because her Daddy did the same thing. My 3 year old and 4 year old both have the same problem. But my 8 year old has been completely dry since she was 2 1/2.

Quoting mjande4:

sweetspice03
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 5:25 PM

I did at first, but when dd was having more dry nights, I started using the Huggies Goodnights bed mats.  They're large pads that are placed on top of the sheet.  They can be reused until they're wet.  It took awhile, but dd grew tired of waking up wet and having to wash her bedding at the laundromat, and eventually started to stay dry for even longer periods of time.  I don't remember how long the journey was, but we don't even have to use them anymore.

LaughCryLive
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 5:26 PM

It's actually very normal.

Quoting mjande4:

Wouldn't that be a red flag for the doctor?  It doesn't seem developmentally appropriate unless there are special needs.  Preschool I can see.  Elementary doesn't seem normal. 

Quoting debramommyof4: Some kids do not wake up at night or have small bladders. My 7 year old still needs pull ups at night and has not needed them during the day since she was 3. For us it is genetic because her Daddy did the same thing. My 3 year old and 4 year old both have the same problem. But my 8 year old has been completely dry since she was 2 1/2.

Quoting mjande4:

Alayna - Wife to Sanjay and mommy to Anjali

Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 5:27 PM
3 moms liked this
Many doctors don't see it as a red flag until the child is at least 10 yo.

Night time wetting really isn't as uncommon as people want to believe. It also isn't due to lazy children or parents

Quoting mjande4: Wouldn't that be a red flag for the doctor?  It doesn't seem developmentally appropriate unless there are special needs.  Preschool I can see.  Elementary doesn't seem normal. Quoting debramommyof4: Some kids do not wake up at night or have small bladders. My 7 year old still needs pull ups at night and has not needed them during the day since she was 3. For us it is genetic because her Daddy did the same thing. My 3 year old and 4 year old both have the same problem. But my 8 year old has been completely dry since she was 2 1/2.

Quoting mjande4: Uh why would an elementary kid be in pull-ups? 
Saharra
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 5:28 PM
They say up until age 8 before they start looking at medical problems. My son has been dry since he was 2 for day time, but he does not wake up at night at ALL. I can carry him into the bathroom and pull down his pants and point him at the toilet. He will go, I will redress him and put him back to bed and he doesn't wake up at all. He is 4 1/2. 8 seems like a LONG way to go! Lol

Quoting mjande4:

Quoting mjande4:

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 5:29 PM

I find that really difficult to believe.  Maybe it's not rare, but it certainly isn't normal.  I have three kids of my own, in addition to numerous nieces, nephews, and neighborhood kids that have been spending the night at my house since before kindergarten and NONE of them wore pull-ups.  I'm not out to offend the OP, however since she was new, I thought maybe she meant to post in the preschooler group.

Quoting LaughCryLive:

It's actually very normal.

Quoting mjande4:

Quoting mjande4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)