Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

my 7 year old daughter is out of control

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 6:19 PM
  • 8 Replies
I don't know what to do with her. She is constantly in trouble at school. She is bullying other kids. She won't listen to anything from anyone. She is so defient. Punishment don't seem to work. I am so stressed out. Please any advice welcome I'll try anything. Email me if you like trinity849891@gmail.com
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
debramommyof4
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 6:26 PM
Get her in counciling.

Limit her sugar and red dye 40 intake.

Then take everything but a bed and 7 outfits away and teach her how to earn them back.

If she is being a bully take her out of school. Go through a public charter if needed and teach her that bullies should not be around other children so till she can be nice you are protecting those other children by making her do school at home.

If you do not get her under control then you are in for a long ride.
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 6:29 PM
4 moms liked this

Have you tried a reward chart instead of punishments? Some kids respond better to that. Every day she behaves at school, she gets a sticker. At the end of the week, if she has behaved every day, she gets a small reward- 5 extra mins computer time, extra story at bedtime, staying up 5 extra mins on a weekend, etc. A month of good behavior gets a bigger reward- toy from the dollar store, $1 ice cream from McD's, one-on-one time w/ you, etc.

meam4444
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:19 PM

I aree--I would try rewards and praises.  My children all respond differently for the most part.  Some respond better to having toys taken away, other with privleges and some just knowing we are so happy with them if they achieve good behavior.  Of course, we praise all our children for jobs well done, but they each receive it differently. 

Dodie702
by Doriane on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:31 PM
I would get a reward chart and let her earn fun things with good behavior.
mommy053008
by Maria on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Take her to the pediatrician they can recommend elemenating certain foods I hear that does wonders for some kids.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Has she been evaluated by the school? A behavior disorder may be at least part of the problem.
Lax5
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 9:02 AM
I would take her in for a psychological evaluation to make sure there is no underlying condition. She may need therapy or maybe even meds. There is nothing wrong with that. Some children just need a little help. Good luck.
PeggyS87
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 9:11 AM
My son was having son issues he wasn't bullying but he was acting out they tested him and he was two grades levels ahead so they think that was a lot of his problem we are still trying to find a good balance with him
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN