Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Best Kindle Apps

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 4:26 PM
  • 15 Replies
I am giving my daughter my old Kindle Fire for part of her 8th birthday present (I used it for a year before getting my iPad and it has just been sitting around since). I plan to spend a little bit ($10-15) on apps but will load it with mostly free apps. What are your suggestions?
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 4:34 PM

What types of games does she like?  My dd is 7 and has Littlest Pet shop, My little Pony,  Fashion math (solve problems to dress a character), etc.  I also downloaded a paint app so dd can create her own pictures.

toriandgrace
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 4:37 PM
She likes arts and crafts, animals, Monster High, Scooby Doo, Barbie, MLP..

I'll have to look for the fashion math, I love educational games.

Quoting frndlyfn:

What types of games does she like?  My dd is 7 and has Littlest Pet shop, My little Pony,  Fashion math (solve problems to dress a character), etc.  I also downloaded a paint app so dd can create her own pictures.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 4:39 PM

MLP games can be educational since you have to budget the coins you earn for new items.  DD has to figure out how many trees to harvest to get 30 coins for example.   For educational games, look in that catergory and see what draws her attention.

toriandgrace
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 4:41 PM
Thanks! I will, but I just wanted some ideas ahead so I can load some on got her before we give it to her.

Quoting frndlyfn:

MLP games can be educational since you have to budget the coins you earn for new items.  DD has to figure out how many trees to harvest to get 30 coins for example.   For educational games, look in that catergory and see what draws her attention.

anotherandree
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids are obsessed with Minecraft.  That is the only pay app that they have on their Fires.  

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I will look for you when dd's kindle is charged up.   DD also likes all the versions of Angry birds and i think they were free.

Quoting toriandgrace: Thanks! I will, but I just wanted some ideas ahead so I can load some on got her before we give it to her.

Quoting frndlyfn:

toriandgrace
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 5:13 PM

I have the free lite version on my iPad, is the regular version a lot better?

Quoting anotherandree:

My kids are obsessed with Minecraft.  That is the only pay app that they have on their Fires.  

anotherandree
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 5:56 PM
I have no idea. They talk about all the stuff they've built on Minecraft and all I hear is "blah, blah, blah." I know that they can play interactively and go on quests or something. It keeps them occupied for HOURS.

Quoting toriandgrace:

I have the free lite version on my iPad, is the regular version a lot better?

Quoting anotherandree:

mommy053008
by Maria on Feb. 1, 2014 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Minecraft!
toriandgrace
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Do you know if the purchased version is worth the cost (rather than the lite free version)?

Quoting mommy053008: Minecraft!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)