Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thankyou cards.

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:20 PM
  • 10 Replies

After throwing a birthday party and sending the kids home with a party bag with a thank you note, would one also send a thank you card to acknowledge the gift given. Just wondering?

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy053008
by Maria on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:48 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't for goody bags.
meam4444
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I have never done the thank you in the goody bag.  But, if you do that, I would assume, it would be okay not to write another one.  I guess it is all a personal decision though and age too.  I know as my children get older, I would like them to start writing thank you's for the gifts they are given and to get in the habit of it.  Even though, I like my kids doing this, I don't expect a thank you card from others. 

flowrsgalore
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

If its a small amount & your kiddo can handle doing 4 or so I'd say yeah do them. Now if your up to twenty & it's going to be torture for your child to do that many, maybe just do a couple for the relatives.  Thank you's are very nice for the kids to learn to do, but shouldn't be such a burden that they are upset to do them. I doubt parents will think less of you or your child if you don't do them.

2-point-doe
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that thank you notes with the goody bag should be enough.

sweetleanne
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Yes, I'm thinking that too. Since Dd sees her friends in school, she has already talked to her friends about her gifts and thanked them personal. Thanks, just wanted to double check since we are new at this.

Quoting 2-point-doe:

anotherguatmom
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:32 PM

My ds would be writing a personal thank-you note to each person for the gift.  My ds is required to write thank-you notes to everyone except Santa for gifts received at Christmas too.  

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:41 PM
We started thank you notes this past year with my now 8 year old for birthday and Christmas. One thank you is enough but I'm big on personalized thank you. So I'm not sure generic thank you in goody bags would be the way I would go. But to each her own.
Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:02 PM

I agree. 

Quoting 2-point-doe:

sweetleanne
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:24 PM

I think that is very thoughtful!

Quoting anotherguatmom:

My ds would be writing a personal thank-you note to each person for the gift.  My ds is required to write thank-you notes to everyone except Santa for gifts received at Christmas too.  

natural_s
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:36 PM

I would not find it necessary if you already sent home a thank you note with the kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)