Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

My son wont stop peeing him self?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:22 PM
  • 11 Replies

Can I get some advise from some of you other moms so my son is 6 he's in kindergarden and lately he's been peeing himself wheather its playing games running around with kids or just watching tv with my & my BF. i've tried putting him back in pull ups ,spanking, taking away video games and time outs i even went so far as to buy him a watch that beeps and viberates every hour to remind him to go potty and ive seen him be wet and ignore the watch. he did good for a while when i got the watch and he does good when i make him go all the time but i dont understand he was fully potty trained now trying to revert i guess any suggestions on how to help?

frustrated

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuvmyAiden
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:23 PM

There are some physical issues than can cause this. See the doc just to make sure.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:39 PM

Has anything in his life changed to cause him to feel out of control?  Sometimes "accidents" are a way for the child to have control.   I would also talk with his doctor about it to make sure nothing physical (inside body) is going on.  You didnt say how long this has been going on.  Don't forget any changes in your own life can affect him as well.

mommy053008
by Maria on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:11 PM
Have you talked with his pediatrician? If not start there.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Take him to see his doctor.

kewimom
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Two things, boys get lazy. They don't want to stop what they are doing to go to the bathroom. And second their bodies tend to grow fadter than thier bladders. I have 10 year twins and I went through it with both of them. Both cases, laziness and physical changes, I found it was best never to punish, if in public the embarrassment might be enough. Make him clean up after himself even handwash his underwear to show the extra work his causes by not remembering to go in time.
kmc05
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:48 PM

that is a great idea!fingers crossed

yayay15
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this
My 6 year old does this too. I took him to doc and they didn't find anything. Just told me to make him go every hour. Set a timer. He still does it though. I think he just doesn't want to quit playing. It's frustrating but getting mad doesn't help or change anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmc05
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:58 PM

i had a baby in september. but he's been doing this since summer i took him to the doc she thought he might be pluged up or just being lazy so we gave him stuff to go and he was still doing it.

Maggie228
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:15 AM

DS is 5 and in kindergarten and this is happening with him too. DH went to bathroom with DS to see whats going on. DS is trying to rush everything and is stopping mid stream trying to get back to playing. DH told him to count to 50 and stand there till he is done counting even if nothing comes out.

We think he wasn't totally emptying his bladder then he had to go again since he has been counting so far no problems

Dodie702
by Doriane on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:27 AM
He might have a urinary tract infection. I'd go check with his doctor.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN