Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

what will happen?

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:49 PM
  • 18 Replies
My sons bad in school almost every single day now. Can the school take action? Ive already made a dr appt and requested therapist and teacher to write statements. We finally know whats "wrong" with him.
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:56 PM

What is the diagnosis?  Depending on what his behavior is, yes they can take legal action unless he has a plan in order to manage the behaviors and conduct in school. Each district/school is different.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:59 PM

If he has a diagnosis, I would suggest that you notify the school, in writing, of his diagnosis and request a meeting to discuss accomodations that would be beneficial to him.

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:02 PM

What's the diagnosis? I would work with the school for getting a plan in place based on that.

mommy053008
by Maria on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:07 PM
And the diagnosis is?
mama-smurf
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:13 PM
Add adhd.

Quoting frndlyfn:

What is the diagnosis?  Depending on what his behavior is, yes they can take legal action unless he has a plan in order to manage the behaviors and conduct in school. Each district/school is different.

mama-smurf
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:14 PM
Sorry ladies. My phone was charging.
mama-smurf
Add adhd

Quoting mommy053008: And the diagnosis is?
mama-smurf
Add adhd. I told teacher on phone im taking him to pedi.

Quoting Barabell:

What's the diagnosis? I would work with the school for getting a plan in place based on that.

mama-smurf
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Therapist says from what she has obvserved from obsedvinf him. Hes extremely impulsive. Hes ran and knocked out 4 or 5 teetg from running and falling
Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:25 PM

No problem! I thought your son was the one with the impulse control issues, but I wasn't fully sure if I got that right.

My son has a friend with ADHD that had real impulse control problems when he was younger. He would take meds on school days. But his mom also kept him in counseling and sports. She said the sports helped a lot. In fact, that's how my son and his friend met. Both my son and his friend are young teens now, and his friend is one of the politest out of all of my son's friends. You might have some rough years ahead of you, but keep working on it (especially with the professionals) and things should hopefully improve over time.

Quoting mama-smurf: Sorry ladies. My phone was charging.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)