Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daycare Experience bad/good??

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:20 PM
  • 17 Replies

Hello everyone i am currently a stay at home mommy and i have 4 boys,2 are in school and 2 stay with me, i have worked before but my mil has always watched my children,and i refuse to have anyone else watch them, I was wondering what are your experiences with daycare good or bad? 

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mishy2
by Michelle on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:21 PM

I have had pretty good experiences with daycares.

**** Join us at ~*~ MOMMY CHATS ~*~ - a fun place for moms, moms to be, and TTC women to meet other moms, give advice, share stories, make new friends and just chat. Join us today!                
http://www.cafemom.com/group/119876

caustinb
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:23 PM
We use a neighbor, a sahm. She watches 2 yo. all day, and gets our 6 yo on and off the bus. We pay her $1000/month. It works well for all of us :)
mommyof4boys317
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Quoting mommyof4boys317:

Hello everyone i am currently a stay at home mommy and i have 4 boys,2 are in school and 2 stay with me, i have worked before but my mil has always watched my children,and i refuse to have anyone else watch them, I was wondering what are your experiences with daycare good or bad? 

$1000 a month is very high where do you live?i understand the convenience of it though.as i would have to leave my 8 month old and 4 year old all day and someone would have to get my 6 and 8 year old off the bus.

CarrieGemenon19
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:41 PM

My son went to daycare only 2 times a week, and only for a year (just for fun and to get him ready for kindergarten)- and we both had great experiences there (KinderCare)

My daughter had to go to daycare everyday when she was little, and it was varied. We moved alot, so she was in several....some of them were great, some okay and some not so much. The best ones were KinderCare and the YMCA. There was a christian daycare that she went to for a little while when we were in Florida, and that was good too. I was not at all happy with the 2 in-home daycare's that we tried.

meam4444
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:43 PM

My experience has been pretty good.  The only bad experience which I had with a center daycare is that they were switching around help.  I didn't know the "helper" when I went to pick up my child, and she never asked who I was or made sure I was approved to take my children.  I wasn't the happiest about it.  My children now go to an in-home daycare which I LOVE!  The gal runs it is pretty amazing.  I have all good things to say about her. 

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:45 PM

We had ds1 in a daycare a couple days a week for socialization when he was 2-3 y/o. We had a pretty good experience w/ it.

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:46 PM
We had good experiences with daycare. We mainly used daycare centers. They cost more, but I really trusted the employees at the centers we chose.
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:59 PM
I am a sahm but I have previously worked. My daughter attended a great daycare. No major issues. The ladies were great. She went back PT after I became a sahm and then attend pre k there. She did really well!
Wish I could send my 4 yo a couple times a week. Just not in the budget but he will be in pre k soon anyways.

soymujer
by Mikki on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:55 PM

All my kids have gone to daycare.  There was only one I had an issue with.  All the others have been pretty good.

family in the van   Mom of four

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:59 PM

If your mother in law watches your boys why do you want opinons on daycare?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)