Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

damn cradle cap!

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 1:00 PM
  • 24 Replies
My dd is 6yo and still has some! When she was a baby no one told me u had to get it out yourself. I thought it'd just go away with age but once she was a toddler and i was told it wouldn't just go away, she already had a head of hair so it was hard. I used t gel on ds and it works great for babies but it didn't get rid of it all on dd. I'm using tea tree oil now and she has thick hair. Any ideas?
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
withsecond
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 1:06 PM

I have never heard of a 6 year old having cradle cap.

Have you asked the doctor what to do? Have you tried rubbing baby oil on it and seeing if that helps?

dmom27
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 1:10 PM
I always used Aquaphor. Get it in to the scalp really good. The problem is that it's really greasy on hair. You'll have to shampoo her hair about three times.
cupcake_mom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I use olive oil and a few drops of tea tree oil. I have it premixed and just use a q tip but she only have 2 little spots. I use it every other day and only wash hair every other day. After only 2 weeks they are almost gone.
cupcake_mom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Maybe you should try olive oil instead. It's comes out of my dds hair on one wash.

Quoting dmom27: I always used Aquaphor. Get it in to the scalp really good. The problem is that it's really greasy on hair. You'll have to shampoo her hair about three times.
Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 23, 2014 at 2:05 PM

Have you talked to a doctor about this?

meam4444
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 2:17 PM

My six year old also has it.  She had it bad when she was a baby, and there are still bits and pieces of it on her scalp which have developed.  We use olive oil or jojoba oil to help moisten it up.  And, then, I have her take a shower to get it really soaks up before we can get it off. 

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 2:35 PM

I would be checking with the doctor to make sure that it isn't something else.

aetrom
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 3:12 PM
I would be talking to the dr. Cradle cap goes away.... Perhaps it us psoriasis or something else?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

My son has battled it on and off and he's 8 now. Try adding olive oil to the shampoo. I did that for my son and it worked. He now uses Nivea Men Sensitive 3-in-1 body wash and thankfully the gunky scalp hasn't come back. I'll do olive oil again if it shows up again.

mommy053008
by Maria on Feb. 23, 2014 at 7:06 PM
Talk with your pediatrician
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN