Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Paying for your kid to attend a party.

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 8:50 PM
  • 63 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you pay the toll for your kid to come to my sons party.

Options:

Heck no!

Sure why not

No the party giver (me) should pay the 6 bucks for each person to come.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 138

View Results

My son really wants to go to this big indoor center for his party...thing is to get there you have to cross a toll bridge. It is 3 bucks each way, I am planning on paying for food for everyone to have including parents that stay and even siblings but we will only have the party room for 60 minutes, then its in the common area.

I will paying for every child to be there and parents are free...but would you pay 6 bucks (3 bucks each way on the toll bridge) to come to this party.

by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
almburr
by Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 8:54 PM
5 moms liked this
Yes i would pay that. Now if you wanted me to pay for my kids share of the party cost then I would say no.
CalicoMeezer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 8:56 PM
Yeah. Tolls are no big.
beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 8:57 PM
This

Quoting almburr: Yes i would pay that. Now if you wanted me to pay for my kids share of the party cost then I would say no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Gwen on Feb. 23, 2014 at 9:00 PM
3 moms liked this

I would view the toll as a cost of living where you do - if I can't afford the $6 to bring my child to the party (where he'll have fun with his friends & classmates), then I either find a ride (where the driver is willing to pay the toll) or my child misses out.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Tolls are a normal expense of driving IMO.  I wouldn't think twice about paying the toll to go to a party or anywhere.

blondie.mom
by Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so lucky we have no toll bridges where I am. But yes, if I lived where they are the norm I would pay it.
diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 23, 2014 at 9:08 PM
I don't drive over bridges at all, but I voted yes. If I was in that situation I would get a ride.
Saharra
by Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I might see if I could ride with one of the other families invited and split the costs. Better for everybody. But if I couldn't, we would still go.
susan_marie
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 9:17 PM

location location! If you didn't want to worry about tolls, then pick some place else to have the birthday party

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Feb. 23, 2014 at 9:23 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting almburr: Yes i would pay that. Now if you wanted me to pay for my kids share of the party cost then I would say no.

That's what I expected the post to about so I was prepared to say no way. 

But for a toll? Sure

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)