Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Advice Needed: My daughter who is 8 yrs old is having problems...

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:42 AM
  • 22 Replies
My daughter, who is 8 yrs. old is having problems with bed wetting. Has anyone experienced this with an older child?
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
berlgirl1224
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:49 AM
My son is seven and needs to be taken downstairs when my husband and I go to sleep so he can go to the bathroom. He had bowel issues for years when he was younger and it took its toll on his bladder. We hope to someday work it out. But for now, we never quite know if he will make it through the night so it's better safe than sorry
mommy053008
by Maria on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:23 AM
I was a late bed wetter I say cut our drinks 2 he's before bed it helped me anyway.
mrsbell30
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:37 AM

I have decided to put a call into our physician.  I have cut back on the drinks and sweets etc... She wants to go for sleepovers, but I can't let her go until this issue is resolved. I am pretty sure wearing a kid pull-up would be devastating in front of other girls her age.

mrsbell30
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:37 AM

Quoting mommy053008: I was a late bed wetter I say cut our drinks 2 he's before bed it helped me anyway.

Thank you for your advice.

Cherish77
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I think nowadays you would be surprised at how many kids ar wearing pull-ups.  she could always change in the bathroom by herself.  I am not saying use them all the time, but maybe just at sleepovers.  Target sells Underjams, by Pampers I believe.  I had a hard time as a kid myself.  I was a deep sleeper and had a had time waking up.

waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:48 AM
My dd she is going to be 8 in march. She wets her bed and wets, sometimes poops in her pants. She has a lot of emotional problems though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saharra
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:54 AM
Wondering f this is just something that started recently? Was she potty trained before and is suddenly starting to wet the bed? If so, definitely go see a doc. Does the urine have a strong odor?

If it's something that isn't new, I wouldn't worry so much. I would just teach her how to clean herself up. You could try a bed wetting alarm. When they start to go, it sets off an alarm to wake them up and teaches them to listen to their body even when asleep.
mrsbell30
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Quoting Cherish77:

I think nowadays you would be surprised at how many kids ar wearing pull-ups.  she could always change in the bathroom by herself.  I am not saying use them all the time, but maybe just at sleepovers.  Target sells Underjams, by Pampers I believe.  I had a hard time as a kid myself.  I was a deep sleeper and had a had time waking up.

It is just hard to handle. I know she is a deep sleeper and I do believe that is part of the problem.  That's a great idea about changing in the bathroom. I just know that sometimes kids are cruel (unintenionally) and I hate for her to be picked on.  I will look for the Underjams. Thank you Cherish77.

mrsbell30
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Saharra: Wondering f this is just something that started recently? Was she potty trained before and is suddenly starting to wet the bed? If so, definitely go see a doc. Does the urine have a strong odor?

If it's something that isn't new, I wouldn't worry so much. I would just teach her how to clean herself up. You could try a bed wetting alarm. When they start to go, it sets off an alarm to wake them up and teaches them to listen to their body even when asleep.

Its seems to be worse lately.  Our lives have not changed much and I am pretty involved in school activities so I don't belive its anything emotional.  It does have a strong odor though another reason I made an appointment. She was potty trained well before both of my boys.  My two year old gets up and goes to the bathroom already and my oldest was the same.  So, we are just concerned. Thank you Saharra.

Cherish77
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 9:00 AM

I completely Understand.

Quoting mrsbell30:

Quoting Cherish77:

It is just hard to handle. I know she is a deep sleeper and I do believe that is part of the problem.  That's a great idea about changing in the bathroom. I just know that sometimes kids are cruel (unintenionally) and I hate for her to be picked on.  I will look for the Underjams. Thank you Cherish77.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN