Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Forgetful kids

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 3:28 PM
  • 30 Replies

Do your kids have trouble remembering stuff. My son is horrible about it sometimes, especially with things like turning in his lunch money. He has to take it to the lunch room in the morning before school to pay it or can occasionally at lunch time. We send the kids lunch money at the same time(they go to the same school) My daughter will turn hers in and my son won't. It has been 7  school days in a row that he hasn't done it. So all this week he has had to bring lunch. If he doesn't get it turned in today he loses tv and games all weekend and has to take lunch all of next week too. He was warned yesterday that this would happen and was reminded twice before school today. I don't understand why once ever two weeks or so(that is how often we send them money) he can't take the time in with his sister and pay the money and not make it be such a pain.

by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 28, 2014 at 4:18 PM

confused

Sometimes

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Where does he put the lunch money when he leaves the house?  Is it in his folder?  If not, I'd have him put it in his folder with his homework.  That way when he turns in his work in the morning his lunch money is right there too.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 4:23 PM

We just take the money in ourselves or do it online for dd.   She forgot to return her book a couple days ago and had to re-read it as a consequence for the next day's homework.

Dodie702
by Doriane on Feb. 28, 2014 at 4:44 PM
This is what I would do.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Where does he put the lunch money when he leaves the house?  Is it in his folder?  If not, I'd have him put it in his folder with his homework.  That way when he turns in his work in the morning his lunch money is right there too.

emarin77
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 4:45 PM

You will have to find out why he is not bringing the money from where you send it to.  We pay our son's lunch money online.

othermom
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Quoting emarin77:

You will have to find out why he is not bringing the money from where you send it to.  We pay our son's lunch money online.

He brings it home each day. He is supposed to take it in to pay and he doesn't. he brings the money home and gives it back to me each day. I can pay online but it cost several dollars extra each time.

othermom
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

He puts it in his pocket. He has to either pay it before school or at lunch time. They play outside usually until the bell rings and then they go to their class rooms. By the time they turn in their folders it would be to late to turn it in. He has been taking the lunch money like this for the whole 5 years he has been in school.

othermom
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

We just take the money in ourselves or do it online for dd.   She forgot to return her book a couple days ago and had to re-read it as a consequence for the next day's homework.

I used to take the money in sometimes, but they walk to school no with their friends so I am not with them. We have told him just to stay with his sister and walk in to the lunch room with her to pay it when I send them both money, but he rarely does. He is in 5th grade. You would think he could do it by now.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 5:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting othermom:

Quoting steelcrazy:

He puts it in his pocket. He has to either pay it before school or at lunch time. They play outside usually until the bell rings and then they go to their class rooms. By the time they turn in their folders it would be to late to turn it in. He has been taking the lunch money like this for the whole 5 years he has been in school.

Ahhh, I think I know what is going on and it isn't him being forgetful.  He doesn't want to give up time hanging out and playing with his friends before school.  I would definately be punishing him for not taking his lunch money in.  On top of your regular punishment, I'd be having him responsible for making his own lunch for school.

emarin77
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Ask him why he is not giving it to the cashier.  How does he eat lunch then?  Does he have any other memory issues with other times at school?

Quoting othermom:

Quoting emarin77:

He brings it home each day. He is supposed to take it in to pay and he doesn't. he brings the money home and gives it back to me each day. I can pay online but it cost several dollars extra each time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)