Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Spring Break Plans?

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:30 PM
  • 95 Replies

I just found out that I can have the week off with my kids and I'm pretty stumped as to what to do.

We live in Hampton Roads so we are a hop, skip & a jump away from Busch Gardens, several Beaches, Aquariums, Museums, Zoos, Great Wolf Lodge, Go Ape - so I can fill the week with that.

OR, we can just go somewhere...but where? 

We did not take a vacation last year and I'm itching to go somewhere but I know that I should save a little longer so we can go on a week long vacation somewhere over the summer. 

What are your plans for Spring Break?

ivf blessed
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:34 PM

My kids are going to their Grands' in FL on April 6th or 7th. Dh and I will be alone for the week. We are headed to NC on April 11th for him to run a race on the 12th. We will be home on the 13th and so will the kids. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

huskermom98
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:06 PM

DH is taking the week off, but we're not planning much of anything--I'd LOVE to go somewhere warm, but that's not going to happen.  I will get to go out of town for a scrapbooking retreat the first part of spring break!!!

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:16 PM

That sounds like a win/win for all.  Have a great time!

Quoting mcginnisc:

My kids are going to their Grands' in FL on April 6th or 7th. Dh and I will be alone for the week. We are headed to NC on April 11th for him to run a race on the 12th. We will be home on the 13th and so will the kids. 

ivf blessed
ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:17 PM

I want to go somewhere warm too!  My luck, a cold front would follow me!  LOL  I might as well just plan for a week at the beach during the summer and plan things close to home.  Save on travel & hotels and spend it on 'things to do' instead.

Scrapbooking retreat sounds fun!  Enjoy!

Quoting huskermom98:

DH is taking the week off, but we're not planning much of anything--I'd LOVE to go somewhere warm, but that's not going to happen.  I will get to go out of town for a scrapbooking retreat the first part of spring break!!!

ivf blessed
Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm working. My son is spending spring break with his grandpa.
MommyTo2G3B
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:31 PM

We are going to spend the week with my husband's parents. The drive is 3 and a half hours so they don't get to see the kids as much as they would like to.

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:47 PM

I usually have to work during spring break too, so this came as a surprise to me that I was able to take the time off.  Does his Grandpa live far away?

Quoting Barabell: I'm working. My son is spending spring break with his grandpa.

ivf blessed
ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:48 PM

Aww - I'm sure they will enjoy that very much.  Have fun!

Quoting MommyTo2G3B:

We are going to spend the week with my husband's parents. The drive is 3 and a half hours so they don't get to see the kids as much as they would like to.

ivf blessed
waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Just staying home. That is when we usually deep clean the house from top to bottom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:50 PM

Nothing, we will stay home and joy our time together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN