Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Should I say something

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:40 PM
  • 25 Replies

DD has had attention called to her & note sent home for being out of uniform, because her leggings were not of a neutral color or her kaki jumper having a patern. Yet I see many other sudents that are completley out of uniform & nothing is said to them ( rainbow leggings, under shirts of every color but required etc.)

by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-42-
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:44 PM
6 moms liked this
How do you know notes haven't been sent home with them as well?
ABCMomma0211
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:46 PM
I would be saying something
ABCMomma0211
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Im sure there were.

Id still be saying something.b

Quoting -42-: How do you know notes haven't been sent home with them as well?
TheartAH
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:51 PM
4 moms liked this
Life is not fair. Some people break the rules and get caught, others do not. I always tell my kids to make the right choice even if others are not (this goes for big and small issues).
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 3:59 AM
7 moms liked this

I would be worrying about my child ONLY. Complaining about other children sounds whiny and juvenile.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Mar. 1, 2014 at 6:59 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting -42-: How do you know notes haven't been sent home with them as well?

That was my thought. 

If my child was out of uniform that would be my only concern. You chose a school knowing about the uniform. It's your job to make sure she complies. If other parents aren't doing their jobs I don't see why that should matter to you. 

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 7:09 AM
AnIf I were going to say something, I would get all of the facts first...I would make darn sure I knew for a fact that the other kids did not receive notes for not being in uniform.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Any time a child is out of uniform at ds's school a note is sent home. The only time an excption is made is if it's a "dress down for a good cause" day. I would think the other kids are getting written up too so there's no need to say anything.

I get that uniforms are annoying but it's our responsibility to make sure our kids are properly dressed for school.

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 7:21 AM
1 mom liked this
2 wrongs don't make a right. You are teaching your child to not take responsibility for her choices when you deflect by bringing up others making the wrong choice also. Don't be one of those people. And don't make your child one of those people.

othermom
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Quoting TheartAH: Life is not fair. Some people break the rules and get caught, others do not. I always tell my kids to make the right choice even if others are not (this goes for big and small issues).

Very true. I would just focus on making sure my child wore what they should

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)