Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Ll Bean Backpacks

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 9:35 AM
  • 18 Replies

Im looking to purchase my 3 kids Ll Bean backpacks.  We are not through the school,year yet and I'm having to replace all of their backpacks.  

If your kids have Ll Bean backpacks which one did you purchase.  My oldest is in 2nd grade but, I want something that will get him through another 3 years of school along with all of the traveling we do.  

by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:21 AM

LL Bean has a lifetime warranty on their backpacks, so anything you purchase from them will get through the next 3 years of school. 

mommy053008
by Maria on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:25 AM
I'm thinking of doing the same for my soon to be first grader.
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:25 AM
They are the only ones I buy! DS had the same one for 4 years. His zipper kept getting stuck so he cut a piece of the fabric. For middle school I said he could get a new one. When we were in the store, I mentioned the zipper and they returned it for me at full pricee. I wasn't looking for a refund...we used it for 4 years! I know people who have used the same one from grade school through college.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:32 AM

My son actually has a Jansport backpack, and they have lifetime warranties too.

I've also bought him a Lands End backpack when he was in kindergarten. We still have it, and it's in great shape too. I just got him a new backpack because he had the other one for so long.

So I've actually never bought an LL Bean backpack, but I've heard they're great. My son likes that the Jansport are a little more stylish. Plus, I was able to get it at Target, and I would have had to order the LL Bean online because we don't have a store here.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

The only one I'd tell you to stay away from is the Junior Original Bookpack because it will be too small for an order elementary child's needs.

ANDYSMOM
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:50 AM

We bought my DS the "original book pack" when he started kindergarden.  The school advised us to get a full size pack because the child size would be too small so that is what we did.  He is in 7th grade and using the same backpack.  I am going to get him another when he goes into high school, not because this one has any problems but because it has a grasshopper embroidered on this one and I think it might be too kidish.  LLBean is DEFINATELY the way to go with backpacks.  Can't beat $35 and 8 years of daily use.

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 5:38 PM

We got a regular LL Bean one. He's had it since kindergarten and he's in 2nd now. It still looks brand new. We got a lunchbox to match- both green camo, and the lunchbox is in good shape too. 

huskermom98
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 5:45 PM

We've gotten the LLBean regular plus backbacks for our boys when they each started kindergarten (the fairly plain bp that has one drink holder on the outside).  My youngest just started Kindergarten this year so his is still in great shape, but so is my oldest's who is in 3rd grade.  We do limit their use to just school in an effort to maximize their lifespan--they have other backpacks that we use for travel which is very helpful this year because my oldest always has his planner and 1-2 library books in his school bag at all times.

DrDoofenshmirtz
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 9:30 PM

We used the Jr. for preschool - 1st grade.  This year I got one from Lands End and regret it.  The quality is not as good and it isn't wearing as well.  We had to return the matchign lunch box week 2 due to molding issues.  Next year I am getting and LL Bean original for her to use until middle school.

And if it tears, you can return and get a larger one (and pay the difference).

isaacsmommy68
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 9:36 PM
I bought one a few years ago. Love it. I was replacing his bag 2-3 times a year x $20 each. It was cheaper to buy a $50 one to last 3 years. He has the blue one with orange sharks. Lunch box to match. He is in 5th grade now. I will replace it next year because it is kind of babyish for middle school. It is still in great shape. I will pass it to my youngest.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN