Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Save a life

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 9:40 PM
  • 14 Replies

The high school had a blood drive today.  I saved a life and gave blood today.  Usually, I can't because my iron is too low but it was fine today.  How about you?

family in the van   Mom of four

by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Mar. 4, 2014 at 1:15 AM

I haven't in forever. I need to go do this next time I see a blood drive.

highlandmum
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 6:24 AM

I did when I was younger.  I know it sounds bad but right now I do not have the time to do it.  My friend gets called every time she can donate - she has some rare blood type.

m0mmy0ftw02012
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 6:29 AM

i use to give blood alot when i was in high school, but i havent been able to lately.

toriandgrace
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 6:40 AM
I've never weighed enough to give blood.
Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 10:02 AM

I have never given blood. I'm scared of needles and get so stressed out when I know I have to give my own. I get such anxiety.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 10:16 AM

I do not donate blood. For a long time, I didn't weigh enough, then I was so close to the minimum requirement that, based on a past experience at the dr's office, I was too terrified I would pass out during it. Now, it's just my extreme dislike of having blood drawn that keeps me from doing so.

I am an organ donor, though.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 10:53 AM

I used to donate every 6 months but it always made me lightheaded afterward and the last time I donated I nearly passed out. So DH doesn't want me doing it anymore, he worries I'll have to go to the hospital and have the blood put back in, lol. I'd like to do it again someday though.

soymujer
by Mikki on Mar. 4, 2014 at 11:11 AM

I don't like needles either.  I gave a long time ago and had a bad experience with it.  So, I didn't give for quite a while.  Then, when my last district held a blood drive, a student asked me and I gave in.  I don't do it all the time but if I'm feeling it, then I will do it. 

family in the van   Mom of four

Dodie702
by Doriane on Mar. 4, 2014 at 11:31 AM
I am not good with needles.
jky_67
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:24 PM
The first time I did it was as a senior in hs and couple of months later, I got a red dozen roses from the the family of a patient I saved. It was so touching and life changing experience that I gave regularly until my mid 20's. I should do it more often. Don't know why I don't. I'm not afraid of needles. I'm O+. But I'm also an organ donor and am on the national registry for Donate Life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)