Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do you let your kids watch tv before school?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:55 AM
  • 112 Replies
Yes? No? Why?

What if they wake up really early?

by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cupcake_mom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:56 AM
2 moms liked this
If She has time after getting ready for school... Yes she can watch tv.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:03 AM

No because there isn't ever time for that.  Mine have never gotten up early, they always get up after their alarms go off and that would be 30 minutes before the bus comes.  Long ago, my boys chose sleep over watching tv in the morning.

my4littlegirls
by and 1 boy on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I only have the news on in the morning. If the tv is on cartoons they don't move fast enough to get ready for the bus.

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:13 AM
Yes. They're both like me and need time to sit and stare in the morning. Without the TV it's eerily quiet.
clairewait
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:27 AM
2 moms liked this

BAH. 

Absolutely not.

TV in our house is a reward for good behavior though. Introducing it before school would just be a downhill slope. Oh man. Their brains turn straight to jello when the idiot box comes on.

My older child (who is 7) is the early riser and usually the first one ready to go. On the rare occasion there is a good amount of time before we have to leave, she reads books. I love that it has become a new incentive to be quick - to be honest. It is great.

lenashark
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:30 AM

No, he gets ready and if he has extra time, he can do something of his choosing, but I don't want him starring at a screen right before heading to school. If he wakes up earlier than we do, he knows that he has to stay in bed.

tinybluemoon
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:33 AM
I have the news on in the kitchen in the mornings. Sometimes they will wake up before me and watch cartoons, but there isn't really time once the ball gets rolling.
Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:35 AM
After we're all dressed and ready to go, boots on, coats at hand, PBS is allowed until time to leave.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kkrk1012
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:46 AM
My dd wakes up early so she plays on her nabi
katiebug840204
by Katie on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
No they can't watch TV before school. If they get up super early then they are allowed to play quietly in their rooms.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)