Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What activities do your kids do outside of school??

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 10:39 PM
  • 61 Replies

I have a 4 year old and a 5(almost 6 year old) and as of now they are both doing gymnastics. My 4 year old daughter goes twice a week and my 5 year old son goes once a week. And my son is also about to start tball again the end of this month.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Brett's mommy- March 26th, 2008
Brynna's mommy- December 9th, 2009
Surrobaby- Due July 16th, 2014

http://myjourneyfortheirmiracle.blogspot.com/

by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 10:58 PM

At that age, both of my boys were playing baseball.  Now the oldest plays tennis and wants to take golf lessons once the weather breaks.  He went golfing a few times last summer and really enjoyed it. My youngest is involved in Cub Scouts and takes an art class.

Luvmy2babies22
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 11:47 PM
My 1st grader has been ice skating since he was 2 and playing hockey since he was 4. His first official season is over after a tournament this weekend. Its been a LONG 6 months of 3 days/week... AA baseball starts on the 22nd and that'll be twice a week.

My preschooler just started swim lessons again and she does that twice a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 11:49 PM
3 year old- speech, dance, awana, tee ball
6 year old- hip hop, awana, 4-h, tee ball
yayay15
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 11:51 PM
They all do swim lessons.

The boys do basketball and baseball and my daughter dances.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IloveNCIS
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:03 AM

My kiddo did indoor soccer for 6 weeks, and basketball since the end of December. This Saturday is his last game for basketball. He is done with indoor soccer. He is taking a break from now until the end of April and he will be starting outdoor soccer. We are taking a 2 week vacation in June and when we get back I am thinking he will do martial arts for a few months until he starts fall outdoor soccer.

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 3:55 AM
Taekwondo 2 to 3 times a week for my 8 year old is all he does right now. I'm a firm believer in not over scheduling kids.
surromama
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 3:57 AM
Basketball with the younger ds, not much with the older ds, except taxi him around and shopping with dd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 5:45 AM

My girls both take Karate. Between the 2 of them, I am at the Dojo 5 days per week for hours at a time.. My oldest is 8 and will test for her Black belt next spring. 

AWANA- we don't really consider this an ECA though as we are already at Church since I'm the Director of Cubbies...

Children's Choir- again..we are already there..

We only allow 1 activity out of school and 1 in school. At their grade levels, there is nothing offered at their school for them yet and seeing as how we are 99% sure we are homeschooling next year, they wont' have anything then either. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 6:54 AM

My 2nd grader does acro once a week for an hour, gymnastics once a week for an hour and a half, and she has Communion classes for the next month.  During the summer, she does swimming twice a week.  My high schooler plays soccer through school during the fall season and through the rec department the rest of the year and he's doing track starting next week.  Next year he'll do track winter and spring; he had signed up for wrestling this year but fractured his arm the 2nd practice and since he had a very bad break in his arm the year before (wrestling for first place at a meet), he decided enough was enough (yeah! because I hate wrestling).  He takes different lessons when he finds something he's interested in; last year it was scuba certification, this year it was lifeguarding.  He'd like to do flying lessons.

highlandmum
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:09 AM

My son who is 8 - does hockey which can be 5 times a week and box lacrosse.  His regular hockey season ends on March 15, and then it is playoffs.  This spring he is doing a spring hockey league and trying out for the AAA team.

My daughters take dance between the two of them they are there 3 times a week - the oldest also is in rugby and the younger one is in track. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)