Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Thanks for the notice...

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:38 AM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

So the kids have Dr Suess week at school. Each day is a different theme and then Friday night is a big birthday bash thing. We knew about the birthday bash for a few months but spirit week? Nope. We didn't get a single note home about it. They just told the kids on morning announcements but my kindergartener can't even remember what she had for lunch much less morning announcements. The girls missed Monday (crazy sock day) and Tuesday (not sure what theme that was) and I didn't find out until the last minute last night that it was crazy hair day today. Thankfully I was able to throw this together.

This was one of the first times we've not gotten notice about these things, they're always really good about it,

by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:21 AM

Eh, I don't sweat the small stuff like that.  If they don't care enough to give you plenty of advanced notice, then it must not be that important.

My youngest son's scout learder emailed last night saying that he was having a meeting this evening.  I promptly replied back that my son wouldn't be there because I can't rearrange our schedules on such short notice.

clairewait
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:22 AM

Yeah we didn't get a note either.

My child mixed up Monday and Tuesday, which was a snow day anyway, but it wasn't a big deal.

We have a long term sub for a teacher out on maternity leave, so I assumed that was it in our case.

I miss a ton of things at school though, so you know... haha. Whatever.

meam4444
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Cute pic!

Sorry about their lack in notice...it's happened here too.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:38 AM

Very cute!

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:57 AM

My son's school is bad about last minute and it drives nuts. Thankfully we will be at the same school next year so it won't be an issue. :-)

soymujer
by Mikki on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:29 AM

I'm terrible at checking his backpack for notices.  Unless it impresses my son, he won't tell me.

family in the van   Mom of four

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:27 AM
You don't have meetings on a set schedule?

Quoting steelcrazy:

Eh, I don't sweat the small stuff like that.  If they don't care enough to give you plenty of advanced notice, then it must not be that important.

My youngest son's scout learder emailed last night saying that he was having a meeting this evening.  I promptly replied back that my son wouldn't be there because I can't rearrange our schedules on such short notice.

thatgirl70
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:02 AM

They are doing Dr. Seuss stuff at my son's school, but I don't think there is anything that the parents have to be directly involved in, because we didn't get notice either. I did send in 6 Dr. Seuss books for his class today though for the teacher to keep for the class.

Oh, but about last minute notice though, picture day...I didn't get the notice until the day before. Luckily DH was home and was able to cut my son's hair (it was needed).

happymama2D
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:04 AM
Sorry you missed the first two days, but you did good for this one!!! Super cute!
mom2jessnky
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:46 PM

I got a phone call from the school with all the themes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)