Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

girl birthday ideas

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:11 AM
  • 13 Replies
My daughter will be 8 in April and trying to figure out what to do. We usually just do parties at the house, but don't know if we should this year and if so what kind of theme or if we should just go somewhere. When I ask her she says she's not sure. So I'm looking for some ideas
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this
My friend has done... cup cake party, spa party, rock star party, art party, and the new nerf rebel party... I forget what she called it though

Any of those sound like something shed like? If so I can get more info
DACIA79
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Ice cream social birthday party

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Dd has gone to a party at Wine and Canvas- they are taught how to paint a picture and get a snack. There are also places where you paint your own piece of pottery.

Michael's does b-day parties.

There is a local tea room near us that will host b-day parties. Maybe look for something like that near you?

You can do a Spa Day party at home- recruit a few other moms to help give mani's/pedi's, do up their hair, etc.

Some local gymnastics places will host parties.

Roller skating and ice skating are always fun. So is bowling (that's what I did for my 9th b-day, and my oldest did for his 10th).

Rock Star or Dance party at home.

mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Hmm...we don't have parties...our girls choose what they want to do as a family. 

This past year when our oldest dd turned 8, she wanted to go to the Natural History Museum here in Atlanta. We bought a membership to it, took our 2 girls and our niece then, we took the girls to The Varsity for lunch in Atlanta. On the way home, we stopped at Krispy Kreme to get doughnuts for breakfast the following morning. When we got home, my BIL/SIL came over and had cookie cake and Lilly opened her gifts. Our niece also spent the night with our girls. They had a blast. 

When our youngest turned 5, we took them to see Smurfs 2 at Studio Movie Grill ( movie theater that serves meals) and told them they could get whatever they wanted...they both just wanted snacks and drinks. After the movie, we took them to Dave & Busters and played video games for hours before eating dinner there. We had cookie cake and presents the following day on her birthday. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

meam4444
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:18 AM

We're going for pizza with their friends.  And then, with family, we are going to American Girl.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:32 AM

My youngest turned 8 last year and we had her party at a park. We rented a picnic shelter and had cake and healthy snacks for the girls, I had a few structured activities for them to do and then let them just run around and play on the playground.

Libra113
by New Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:42 AM
Thank you ladies those are some great ideas!
NYGiantsFan
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:46 AM

My daughter just turned 7, and we had her party at a gymnastics place. It's great for girls AND boys. The children were able to jump on trampolines, climb a wall to go down a huge inflatable slide, swing into a foam pit, and go on some bouncy stuff.

Some other ideas (depending what your daughter enjoys) might be an ice skating party, bowling, roller skating, or an indoor entertainment center (not sure if they have one of those near you). Some restaurants that are more kid friendly usually offer a section of the room, or a private room for parties. I've also heard of kids having a party at a Build-A-Bear shop or just taking a few close friends (perhaps 3) to a theme park.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:47 AM
We've had DD's parties at a tea house, a cupcake bakery, Color Me Mine, bowling alley and Unos. I never have them at home...my house is small and it's too much work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2-point-doe
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:59 AM

WE have big parties and don't do them at home. We have done swimming at the YMCA, art parties, pony rides and petting zoo, bowling, roller skating, scavenger hunt, museum party, climbing walls. . . . we are looking into having a fancy tea party.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)