Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

How much is school lunch?

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:50 AM
  • 76 Replies

Where I live its free, reduced is .40 and full price is $3.00. Do you think the price is fair, too low, or too high? I personally think $3.00 is too expensive. Also do they sell extra stuff? My DD's school sells cookies .50 and ice cream or chips .60.

by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alyssasmommy412
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:52 AM

I let my DD buy 7 times a month she chooses the 7 meals she wants and we circle them on the lunch menu. I find to make up for the free and reduced kids the county is throwing the cost on the full price kids. (the  price goes up every year by .10) When kids who pay reduced can get a full week for what it cost a full price student for one day it's pretty sad. 

highlandmum
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:54 AM

No school lunches are served at our school.  We have special days like - pizza day ($1.24 per slice, $1.00 milk), and such but all students bring their own food.

lovemysnugbugs
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:54 AM
3.00 and I think reduced is .60.
They get federal funding for the free/reduced lunches, don't they?
Alyssasmommy412
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:58 AM

They do get federal funding, but they have so many people who get them now because many people lie, where I'm at people don't have to show any proof.

Quoting lovemysnugbugs: 3.00 and I think reduced is .60. They get federal funding for the free/reduced lunches, don't they?

toopicky429
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:04 AM
$2.45 full price, and they do sell other things like ice cream. Reduced is $0.40, and there are also free lunches.
That is for elementary. Middle school and high school cost a little more.
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Student lunch- $2.10

Reduced lunch- $0.40

Extra milk- $0.50

Extra entree- $1.50

Adult lunch- $3.00

At the middle school, student lunch is $2.30, and an extra entree is $1.75. At the h.s., student lunch is $2.30, 2nd student lunch is $3.00, premium lunch is $2.60, and premium entree is $2.05. Reduced lunch and extra milk is the same no matter which school you go to.

The elementaries do not sell extra stuff. The middle schools will have occasional days when the PTO sells extras, usually ice cream. This week, the h.s. is having a couple of outside vendors- it's $5 to get from them.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Lunch at my DD's school is $1.90 and reduced is $.40. I think the price is fair. They have extra milk for $.45.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:59 AM

I think an elementary lunch is 2.25, I don't really pay attention since we load money into their account online and I normally load $50 at a time and reload when ever I get an email telling me we are down to $5.  I have no idea how much reduced lunch is because we don't come close to qualifying so I don't pay any attention to that paperwork.

Middle and HS offers extras, the elementary school does not.

stykir
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

wow i thought ours was getting too high. they just bumped it up to $2.25, but you really don't get very much some days so it seems so high. 

Dodie702
by Doriane on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:33 AM
Its 2.00 for lunch here at full price. 3 seems a little high to me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN