Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT Rude or.Ok? *updated*

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:21 PM
  • 45 Replies

This was a little Mom n Pop chinese place in the downtown area but there are TONS of late night restaurants within a 10 min drive.

The restaurant closes at 8:30. It.is 8:15.
Sign is posted prominently on the door.
Do you walk in with a group of 7 or.go find somewhere open later?

THANK YOU ALL!! LOL I know I tend to be overly critiical sometimes in what I think is rude so I thought I would ask!

Yes, *technically* they are still open, but you know it is going to take at least an hour with a group of 7! It ws 5 adults and 2 kids maybe 8-10 yo range. 

I walked in a few minutes before 8pm, saw the sign and knew I was getting some tea and chow mein while waiting for DS to get done and would be NO later thn 8:30. I''m sipping my tea and this rowdy family comes in and I cold see the waitress like "ugg" and then was all miss happy, (I'm sure they didn't notice..LOL)

They had barely started ordered by 8:30 so I went ahead and and stayed later than I planned. They were just finishing up eating but still siting around like not a care in the world when I ended up leaving a few minutes before 9.

PS - they also clogged up the ladies' toilet @@ I went back to use it and it ws overflowing - do you think they let staff know?? NOPE!

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Life Scout Ian 1/982nd Class Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GodsAmiga
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:26 PM
2 moms liked this

If it is a sit-down restaurant I would find somewhere else. Fast food I might still go in but take it to go.

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:26 PM
Id probably go elsewhere. Being a server now, if i see a big group come that close to close, i just kind of want to cry. By then were all beat , half way closed down, and ready to go home. But idk. Where i work people tend to camp. Group will come and stay an hour or more. Maybe its different where you are?
beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:27 PM
Go somewhere open later. The only time I go in any establishment near closing time is if I desperately need something and know I can get in, grab it, and get it in 5-10 mins (and they don't close before those 5-10 are up).

I used to work at a jewelry store that closed at 4:30 on Saturdays. Can't even tell you how many people would come waltzing in at 4:25 and proceed to shop for a half hour. Then ask us "are you closing soon or something?" Before the jewelry store, I worked at an ice cream place and we'd often get last minute rushes...after we'd done our cleaning/started putting stuff away for the night!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jtcjtmom
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Go somewhere else
CalicoMeezer
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:57 PM
I would usually go sonewhere else.

One time, though, a group of friends snd I (and our kids) went to a concert and got out at about 9:30. We headed for Chili's, thinking they were open until 11. We walked in at 9:45, and they closed at 10:00. We apologized and started to leave but they were like, "nah, it's cool, c'mon in." A waitress, the manager, and some kitchen staff volunteered to stay, and there were some other groups still eating anyway. They were really nice, our food was good, we had a great time, and the waitress got a REALLY nice tip. Lol
ljmom24
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:10 AM
Go someplace else. Chances are service will be rushed and I can't blame the staff. I hate people who call work at 4:55 really. Sorry I'm
Mentally done and got go pick up kids makes dinner and so on. Yup I'm just trying to get you off the phone. Going to get better service calling a few hours earlier.
coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:39 AM
Leave and go somewhere else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:44 AM

I'd leave and go somewhere else.I've been on the waitress and kitchen end of this situation and it sucks.

jaytee
by Jen on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:47 AM

I would go somewhere else

Annellyse
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Go somewhere else.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)