Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Does Your Child Have One Of These?

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:31 AM
  • 369 Replies
1 mom liked this
A Kindle!! My youngest son Nathan who will celebrate his birthday in 10 days asked for one. He said he doesn't want a party or even a cake he will still get one and ice cream too. But the Kindle was on sale at Best Buy for 199.00 so we went out and got him one. So my question is do your kid/s have a Kindle and how old are they? Do they like it? My youngest daughter also has one and loves it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
clairewait
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

We haven't given in yet, but I've heard from more than a few friends that the Kindle (or similar) is their best bargaining tool for behavioral issues right now.

Part of me is considering it...

mom2jessnky
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Both of my kids have Kindle Fires, they're 8.5 and 11, I bought them almost 2 yrs ago. My oldest also has a regular reading Kindle.

clo1988
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:35 AM
My boys share an ipad but are constantly trying to get their hands on my husbands kindle!
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:39 AM
2 moms liked this

My boys each have a tablet with a Kindle ap.  I wanted them to have more options available to them than a kindle would offer and since you can get the Kindle ap for free, it made much more sense to me to buy them tablets.

ljmom24
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:43 AM
11 moms liked this

I'm an old fashion paper book girl so no my kids will not be getting one especially not one that has wifi access and games or can play movies. They have other hand held gaming systems and my oldest has a lap top. For reading we get old fashion books from the library. Free and I don't have to worry about them sneaking in screen time while claiming to be reading.

insanemomof4
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:44 AM
A what?

Quoting clairewait:

We haven't given in yet, but I've heard from more than a few friends that the Kindle (or similar) is their best bargaining tool for behavioral issues right now.

Part of me is considering it...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
insanemomof4
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:53 AM
My youngest dd will be 13 in Aug and my Nathan will be 11!

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Both of my kids have Kindle Fires, they're 8.5 and 11, I bought them almost 2 yrs ago. My oldest also has a regular reading Kindle.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizfnf
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:58 AM

My daughter has one.  My mom bought it for her at Christmas, she is 6 and can navigate that thing like a champ.  She loves it, and it is a good bargaining chip.  She does her homework promptly so she can watch movies on netflix or play some games.

Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I prefer Nook over Kindle. My son has a Nook reader and an iPod Touch and various other electronics.

Nook tablets give you full access to the Google Play store, and they are cheaper than a Kindle tablet.
mom4awesomekids
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:04 AM
3 moms liked this
No my kids have a nabi Jr.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)