Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 6:49 AM
  • 34 Replies

What age or grade did your kids atart reading them?  Ds is in 1st grade, and decided to try them out, so we got a few of them at the Library, so far he is 90 pages into the 1st book(well 2nd book in the series, we got the 2nd, 3rd and 4th books, it's all they had).  I am pretty impressed he has only been reading chapter books for about a month.  I am very proud of him.  Here he is reading it,

by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 6:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:35 AM
I think DS was in 3rd or 4th grade, DD was younger. I like the series and have read them all too and we've seen the movies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DACIA79
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:37 AM

I think it was the summer before Damien started 3rd grade

.ChiMama.
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:37 AM
My dd was in 3rd grade when she wanted to read them. She took interest after she saw a younger cousin reading them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:39 AM

My little guy read DWK in 1st as well... He just finished the Narnia series (hes in 2nd now). i love having a great reader, If your into Stick Dog, George Brown Class Clown and The Geronimo Stilton Series were cute too when he is done with that... Also the magic tree house (which Sam read read in kinder). 

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 8:23 AM

My youngest began reading them in first grade as well.  He was reading the easy chapter books in kindergarten.  My oldest didn't read them until third grade, he struggled with comprehension.

mommy053008
by Maria on Mar. 21, 2014 at 8:25 AM

He looks so into it! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Mar. 21, 2014 at 8:29 AM
My oldest son was in the 2 or 3 grade when he started to read them.
ShandellsBaby
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:24 AM

My oldest son started reading them when he was 7 or 8 and he has all the books in the series

mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:31 AM

My dd was in 2nd grade. But she didn't understand it all, even though she could read the words. I did have to ask and explain a lot.

AmyG1976
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:45 AM

My kids were all early readers all love reading yes ppl ask how I did that IDK cannot help you there it just happened.  So Diary of a Wimpy kid was not discovered by my family until my oldest was too old for them my youngest to start them and retain info and know what he read was 6 years old. The other kids 8 and 10ish?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)