Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Is not even worth a reply?

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:02 PM
  • 18 Replies
Dd has been out since Tuesday and next week is spring break. All three had fevers but dd was hit the hardest. Weds I sent an email that id pick up missed class work. I only got reply from my fifth graders teacher. He went Thursday and got his work. My second grader went back today. I never did get a reply from his teacher. I sent another email to my dd teacher and still no reply from her. Guess thier work isn't all that important. But man, I've never heard a kid want to go to school so bad in my life :)
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:08 PM

That is frustrating! Did DD's teacher at least send home the work she'd missed?

Lennyloves
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Nope. I got nothing. I even went to school thursday afternoon to see if stuff was left at the office. There wasn't anything.

Quoting GwenMB:

That is frustrating! Did DD's teacher at least send home the work she'd missed?

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have called as well since I know for our school, computers go down alot so they can not access their emails.   I call front office when i do not have her extension handy.

Lennyloves
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:24 PM
I tried calling a few times in the morning and when I did get a hold of the Secretary she told to send another email because it would be quicker.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would have called as well since I know for our school, computers go down alot so they can not access there emails.   I call front office when i do not have her extension handy.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Any ideas on what they were working on at school?  I would pull up math worksheets or something for them to work on at home.    I have done that for dd when she is sick and did not get any make up work.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:30 PM
Is it possible she was out sick too?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lennyloves
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:32 PM
Dont think so, I recieved other emails from her.

Quoting coolmommy2x: Is it possible she was out sick too?
mommy053008
by Maria on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:40 PM
This happens a lot at my DDs school. Some messages I guess they don't deem worthy to receive a reply. Lol
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:55 PM

What grade is she in?  Kindergarten is very hands on, at least here it is, and it would be hard to send home a lot of the class work.

Lennyloves
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:01 PM
First. And I get a lot of paperwork sent home form class worksheets.

Quoting steelcrazy:

What grade is she in?  Kindergarten is very hands on, at least here it is, and it would be hard to send home a lot of the class work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN