Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

How long does your child

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:24 AM
  • 82 Replies
Shower? My dd is 7 and I can't seem to get her to grasp the short shower concept. I tell her get in wash hair and body and get out. If I sit in there with her and talk Her through it she does fine. But I can't Do that every day.
by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I've got two that are relatively quick and one who likes a long hot shower. Unless she is taking it before school, I wouldn't worry about it. As they get older/stinkier, you will be HAPPY that she desires a long shower.  Don't make a federal case over it. JMO

theresaphilly
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:38 AM

13 year old son; 10 minutes, 10 year old daughter; 15 minutes and my 3 year old twins; they take baths and they sit in their and play and then bath; 20 minutes.

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

My son tends to putz around in the shower unless he has something he wants to do after and if that's the case, he can get it done quickly. I don't stress about it unless we are in a hurry and if I tell him we are in a hurry, he can get the speedy shower done. He's 8.

LyTe684
by Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 10:29 AM
Approximately 10 minutes.
jcm28
by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 10:30 AM
My dd can shower for 30 mins
Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 11:00 AM

They're usually all pretty quick

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 11:05 AM
DD likes long showers (as do DH and I) but DS is very quick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ljmom24
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Ds would linger if allowed but I keep at 10-15 min tops. Once your hair and body is washed any extra is just wasting water. If i can wash and condition my long hair and shave my legs and wash my body in 15 min then my 10 year old almost bald kid doesn't need that much longer. It's a pet peeve of mine with my dh he will just stand there in the water and takes 30 min. Water cost money but he grew up his parents never needed to pay a water bill. Ours can run $200 a month!!! Plus we hear our hot water with oil and oil is over $4 a gallon these days. Does not take more then 15 min to wash the stink off unless you are been wrestling skunks in the mud.
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Mar. 23, 2014 at 11:21 AM

I let him hang out in there unless we're in a rush. We shower at night so normally he can take as long as he wants. 

mom2jessnky
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Until the hot water runs out, if I'm not on them about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN