Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

S/O Boys and their underwear choice

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:50 AM
  • 76 Replies
1 mom liked this

There is a thread in another group regarding a teen boy's desire to wear boxers and ditch the briefs. Mom isn't very understanding and apparently was clueless as to the big deal this is in junior high. Do you let your own boys/children have a say in what they wear beneath? Is this a battle worth engaging in to you? My own boys stopped wearing "tighty whites" when they were toddlers so I was a bit shocked that the poster was unaware of the social aspects. Thoughts?

by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I was thinking about posting this same exact thing.  I'll keep quiet for a bit because I'm curious what others have to say as well.

Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:53 AM
2 moms liked this

It's amazing the trivial things parents choose to get themselves worked up over lol.  My DS7 wears mostly boxers, his choice.  He does have to wear "tighty whites" for baseball since his pants are white and anything else would show through.  If he later changes his mind again that's on him.  He has to wear them not me lol.  As long as he changes them every day I really don't care what he chooses to wear.

jaytee
by Jen on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:56 AM
2 moms liked this

My kiddos choice in underwear is just that, their choice.

eztwins
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I have never understood parents who give a crap about this issue lol. It's underwear!!! I have other issues to deal with my kids than to micromanage their friggin underwear! My dd likes those boy shorts I think they look terribly uncomfortable but it's not my tuss so have at it
Lorena
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:58 AM
I let my kids choose their own underwear since they started wearing underwear. My oldest has gone from cartoons to boxers in middle school to now boxer briefs. But my other 2 boys and my ss all still wear briefs but out of the cartoons.
lovemymini
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 9:01 AM
I buy the underwear and usually get boxer briefs from GAP. If I find a character he absolutely love I will get briefs. He is 6.
mss119
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 9:02 AM
I only have girls, and they are still quite young, 3 & 6. They both wear briefs, because I see no need for bikinis or anything else. Neither of them has ever expressed dissatisfaction with their style of underwear, but as they get older I expect them to want hipsters, bikinis, etc. I would let a boy choose their own underwear style as well.
godsgirl26
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Yes, My boys choose their own undies. They wear Boxers.

STVUstudent
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 9:03 AM

My son is 6- I let him pick his own underpants.  He prefers the 'boxer brief" style for under his clothing and regular boxers for nighttime wear.  He has some "tighty whites" style (mostly with superheroes on them), and he wears them sometimes, but usually prefers the boxer briefs.  This is one of those areas where compromise really costs me nothing... he is wearing underpants... if he has a preference, I will honor that. 

Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Clothing choices are, in general, not a battle I fight. Modesty and appropriateness need to be kept in mind, but beyond that comfort is up to the child
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN