Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do you have Scholastic (or other companies) book orders?

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:14 PM
  • 53 Replies

We do. We have really great deals. Books like Percy Jackson (the whole series) and The Hunger Games are originally $70 but through the orders, they are reduced to $39 or so. Really good deals.

What are your children's favorite series? My son's is Pete the Cat and anything by Dr. Seuss and Robert Munsch.

by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cindilou13
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:24 PM

We do, though they are intermittent and of course optional.  My DD's 1st grade teacher sends them home pretty regularly sometimes 4 and 5 flyers at a time.  DS's 3rd grade teacher has only sent them home a few times this year. DS loves Dragonbreath and junior novels like Lego Hero Factory, Star Wars, etc.  DD likes Junie B. Jones a lot, as well as anything Lego Friends or Disney Fairies or Princesses, as well as the Boxcar Children.  She also loves Pete the Cat and Dr. Suess though they are way below her reading level...we get them anyway as I'm not going to discourage her from reading anything she wants!

What I miss is last year DD's kindergarten teacher participated in the online ordering, which I love.  I hate digging out a check (as I don't use them for pretty much anything else!) to send, and though they are pretty responsible, I always wonder if the order made it in on time, at least until the books arrive that is.

M0M0F3B0YS82
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:26 PM
We usually get them in another month or so and I love this one because the sales are better than the beginning of the year.
Mocking.Jay
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:28 PM

This! My son flies through higher grade novels meant for 8 year olds, but it's the pictures and the sing-songness of those stories that draw him in. I say it's good to have an imagination!

Quoting cindilou13:

We do, though they are intermittent and of course optional.  My DD's 1st grade teacher sends them home pretty regularly sometimes 4 and 5 flyers at a time.  DS's 3rd grade teacher has only sent them home a few times this year. DS loves Dragonbreath and junior novels like Lego Hero Factory, Star Wars, etc.  DD likes Junie B. Jones a lot, as well as anything Lego Friends or Disney Fairies or Princesses, as well as the Boxcar Children.  She also loves Pete the Cat and Dr. Suess though they are way below her reading level...we get them anyway as I'm not going to discourage her from reading anything she wants!

What I miss is last year DD's kindergarten teacher participated in the online ordering, which I love.  I hate digging out a check (as I don't use them for pretty much anything else!) to send, and though they are pretty responsible, I always wonder if the order made it in on time, at least until the books arrive that is.

Mocking.Jay
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Ahh yes. We get ours a month in advance. I just bought a bunch of Lego novels, an Easter Pete the Cat book with cards and some space books for phonics.

Quoting M0M0F3B0YS82: We usually get them in another month or so and I love this one because the sales are better than the beginning of the year.

M0M0F3B0YS82
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:32 PM
I'm looking forward to the spring book fair I have a few coupons from the boys grades so we can double up on books plus the boys love picking their books out

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

Ahh yes. We get ours a month in advance. I just bought a bunch of Lego novels, an Easter Pete the Cat book with cards and some space books for phonics.

Quoting M0M0F3B0YS82: We usually get them in another month or so and I love this one because the sales are better than the beginning of the year.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:33 PM
We have Scholastic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mocking.Jay
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Our library is so small. I wish the school could bring a bigger book fair TBH. I remember mine in elementary was HUGE and packed in our tiny library. I always suggest at PTA meetings to have the book fair in the gym.

Quoting M0M0F3B0YS82: I'm looking forward to the spring book fair I have a few coupons from the boys grades so we can double up on books plus the boys love picking their books out
Quoting Mocking.Jay:

Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:36 PM

My DS's school is having their annual Spring book fair in a couple of weeks.  He is in 1st grade but I think his two teen sisters like going almost more than he does lol.  He is into the Magic Treehouse books and has just started reading Goosebumps.  He brought home a preview sheet of some of the books they will have and has already circled several.

Mocking.Jay
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

lmao my son circles all those Cars 2 and Lego books and I'm like......this kid has almost every book and he keeps recircling them hahaha!

Quoting Txlisa7969:

My DS's school is having their annual Spring book fair in a couple of weeks.  He is in 1st grade but I think his two teen sisters like going almost more than he does lol.  He is into the Magic Treehouse books and has just started reading Goosebumps.  He brought home a preview sheet of some of the books they will have and has already circled several.

soymujer
by Mikki on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:42 PM

We do but we hardly ever buy.

family in the van   Mom of four

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)