Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Kitchen Talk 03/26/14

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Jen
  • 24 Replies

Is there a farmer's market with local produce in your area? Do you go to it? What do you buy?

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Yes there is, I haven't been yet. There's also a farm co-op here that will deliver fresh fruits and veggies to your house once a week. 

Finding good produce here for a good price is just so easy I don't really need a dedicated farmer's market or to have the stuff delivered to my house. The delivery thing is a neat idea but I can just pop into Sprouts or Whole Foods and get the stuff myself and have a choice in what I get.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:25 AM
We.have one and I have gone but it is more expensive than the store. Supposedly you are getting fresher, healthier foid but I can do it.

Also love the thought of supporting local but am on a budget.
natural_s
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:31 AM

I honestly don't know. I just always go to the grocery store.

soymujer
by Mikki on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:53 AM

They have one that starts sometime in June or July I think.  When I remember I will go.  I like to buy tomatoes, cucumbers and sweet corn.

family in the van   Mom of four

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:53 AM
There is but I always forget about it until after I've spent my grocery budget. I'm going to try and get to it this summer though
gracie0221
by Gracie on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:01 PM

yep. I rarely go cause it's just more convenient to go to the grocery store

mommy053008
by Maria on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:22 PM
Yes I've been I buy veggies and fruit sometimes meat
Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Yep. I love it. Veggies is what I buy.
huskermom98
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:48 PM

There is a HUGE one downtown all summer, but we haven't been in years because there are too many people, too many dogs and too many non-traditional vendors there.  We realized that we were mostly going for breakfast and then maybe picking up some produce/bread/goat cheese.  I also started realizing that some of the vendors were pretty much selling the same stuff you would see in grocery stores...same strawberry boxes...yes, same brand...  If we did more adventerous cooking we might go more because there are some different ethnic vendors, but we don't get too crazy.

There's also several smaller farmer's markets in most of the different suburbs/neighborhoods.  Our neighborhood started one two years ago and during the first year it was at a park maybe 3/4 mile away (uphill though...) we went several times to that and I found lots of great produce and other stuff.  Last year they moved it farther away to a business lot that has little to no parking--we never went for a variety of reasons.

liss05
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Yes we actually have a few I normally buy meats,veggies and of course strawberries.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)