Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Can someone please explain?

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 5:39 PM
  • 43 Replies
3 moms liked this

Why do shorts for even 7 year old girls have to look like "daisy dukes"?  Why do places sell such provocative clothing for kids?  Also why do they have to show the little girls in bikinis and make it look so sexual!!!  I am sorry for the rant, but stuff like this bothers me tremendously!

by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NananRaysmom
by Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 5:41 PM
My daughter is 11..I hate the clothes!!
She's built like her mama..with a booty...and the shorts for her age are so short!!!
She can only wear dresses and capris....
psurmont
by Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 5:48 PM

I will let her wear shorts, but they have to cover her completely!!  I just don't think it is okay to make little girls look like sex objects.  They don't do that to little boys so they shouldn't do it to girls period!!  It just upsets me to no end!!

xtwistedxlovex
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 5:58 PM

I never understood that either. I'm not sure what's worse - trying to find any boys' clothing, or having to sift through the gigantic girls' clothing section looking for clothes that actually cover them.

aj23
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 5:58 PM
They sell them because people buy them.
I don't like it either and I won't buy them for my niece. She's tall for a 7 year old so the short shorts are basically the same length as panties but Ive not had a problem finding bermuda shorts that are closer to her knees.
aj23
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 6:03 PM
I have the same problem with boys clothes. The selection is slim to start then by the time you exclude the stuff with skinny legs and skulls there's nothing left. Every boy in town seems to be the same size as my son too because on the rare occasions I find decent clothes they are out of his size.

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

I never understood that either. I'm not sure what's worse - trying to find any boys' clothing, or having to sift through the gigantic girls' clothing section looking for clothes that actually cover them.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 6:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I look back at pics of me as an elementary aged child (late 70's) and don't really think that the shorts are any shorter now than they were then.  I often wonder about parents who view their kids as sex objects.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this

We aim for bemuda length or bicycle shorts she can wear under skirts.  Luckily she still likes scooters as well so those arent too short.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 6:32 PM

ruffle peace sign tankini

psurmont
by Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not looking at my child like she is a sex object!!  I have never worn anything that short and I was born in the 70's also!!!  Do not question my parenting because you are crossing a line that should never be crossed!!!   I am talking about the clothes not my child!  I do not appreciated your curt remarks!

Quoting steelcrazy:

I look back at pics of me as an elementary aged child (late 70's) and don't really think that the shorts are any shorter now than they were then.  I often wonder about parents who view their kids as sex objects.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 6:53 PM

How am I questioning your parenting?  Your parenting never even came up.  As far as I know, I was talking about the absurdity of shorts being drastically shorter now than they were 40 years ago.

Quoting psurmont:

I am not looking at my child like she is a sex object!!  I have never worn anything that short and I was born in the 70's also!!!  Do not question my parenting because you are crossing a line that should never be crossed!!!   I am talking about the clothes not my child!  I do not appreciated your curt remarks!

Quoting steelcrazy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)