Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Inviting the whole class to a birthday party?

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:03 PM
  • 227 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have teens and a 5 (almost 6) yr old. My LO's birthday is May 1st and he has 23 or 24 kids in his class.Is it ok to just invite a few of the kids he plays with as well as a neighborhood friend and cousins (and not the entire class) to his party? He's been invited to 5 or 6 parties this year that included the whole class. I'm feeling overwhelmed...

by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katiebug840204
by Katie on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:07 PM
3 moms liked this
Normally you have to invite the whole class when passing out birthday invitations. You should check with your sons teacher to be sure the school rules.
AJsMom81507
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:09 PM
7 moms liked this

if you send the invites out in school, you will most likely have to invite the entire class... but if you give them out after school or mail them, invite who he wants

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:11 PM
6 moms liked this
It's okay to invite only friends, but you can't send the invites during school. You need to mail them or hand them out outside of school (like during a play date or at the park or something.)
Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:12 PM
Depends on the school policy. As his teacher.
momwriter
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Mailing them sounds like a good idea. Or even just emailing a few moms might be ok?

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole: It's okay to invite only friends, but you can't send the invites during school. You need to mail them or hand them out outside of school (like during a play date or at the park or something.)

amantonacci
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:14 PM
I've emailed in the past... Does your class send out a list of parents contacts?

Quoting momwriter:

Mailing them sounds like a good idea. Or even just emailing a few moms might be ok?

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole: It's okay to invite only friends, but you can't send the invites during school. You need to mail them or hand them out outside of school (like during a play date or at the park or something.)

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:15 PM

You will need to talk to his teacher to find out what the school's policy is.  Like others have said, if you mail them or hand them out off of school property, then you can invite whom ever you want.

JCKitten87
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Most schools have rules about passing invites out at school, like if you do it has to be for the whole class
surromama
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:15 PM
This!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momwriter
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Yes they do.

Quoting amantonacci: I've emailed in the past... Does your class send out a list of parents contacts?
Quoting momwriter:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)