Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

is this fair?

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 7:17 AM
  • 65 Replies
So the Enrichment kids got to go on a field trip to the zoo yesterday. The other kids stayed back. Is this fair or does it send the message that enrichment kids are special? I was kind of bummed about it bc my kids are not in enrichment. Thought it was putting them on a pedestal
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 7:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
raczac
by Cindi on Apr. 2, 2014 at 7:19 AM
What is an enrichment kid?
mom2twinboyz
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 7:29 AM
Quoting raczac: What is an enrichment kid?

Sorry its basically the gifted program though parents are so hell bent on having their kids in there as a status symbol some kids dont belong in there. 25% are in it. Sorry I dont think 25% of students are truly gifted. Smart yes.
M0M0F3B0YS82
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 7:30 AM
What's an enrichment kid? Does your class do field trips as well or only that class?
raczac
by Cindi on Apr. 2, 2014 at 7:39 AM
Thank you.

Quoting mom2twinboyz:
Quoting raczac: What is an enrichment kid?

Sorry its basically the gifted program though parents are so hell bent on having their kids in there as a status symbol some kids dont belong in there. 25% are in it. Sorry I dont think 25% of students are truly gifted. Smart yes.
mom2twinboyz
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 7:40 AM
Quoting M0M0F3B0YS82: What's an enrichment kid? Does your class do field trips as well or only that class?

See up above! No the other kids stayed back.
M0M0F3B0YS82
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 7:45 AM
So do the non enrichment kids go on field trips at all through the year?

Well it's kinda hard to say if it's fair or not it's a different class all together
mom2twinboyz
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 7:49 AM
Quoting M0M0F3B0YS82: So do the non enrichment kids go on field trips at all through the year?

Well it's kinda hard to say if it's fair or not it's a different class all together

They are all in the same 2nd grade classes. The enrichment students just get pulled out for enrichment. So for example 6 kids in my one sons class were pulled out for the field trip. The other kids did not have a field trip.
M0M0F3B0YS82
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 7:52 AM
But does the class take field trips besides this one for enrichment?

Our gifted students go on field trips but the whole class goes on others and the kids don't really care since they understand that the gifted kids are well gifted but thy also know that there's other field trips to go on

Quoting mom2twinboyz:
Quoting M0M0F3B0YS82: So do the non enrichment kids go on field trips at all through the year?

They are all in the same 2nd grade classes. The enrichment students just get pulled out for enrichment. So for example 6 kids in my one sons class were pulled out for the field trip. The other kids did not have a field trip.
Karmahappens
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 7:56 AM

If you have an issue with it-take YOUR kids to the zoo that day and call them out.

See how easy it is?

Karmahappens
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 7:57 AM
9 moms liked this

Here is a lesson for kids. Life isn't fair. Lots of Adults never learn that-but it is totally true.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN