Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

So What Are You Getting Your??

Posted by   + Show Post
Kids for Easter and how old are they? My kids are all older now ages 11,13,15,17 and they are getting money and a huge chocolate bunny! I loved it when they were little and I could fill Easter baskets up and hide them! That was when they still believed in Eb! So what r u getting your kids and how old are they?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 8:16 AM
Replies (11-20):
lenashark
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:42 AM

My son is six, he's getting a Bible, a small chocolate rabbit, some jelly beans, a few malted milkballs, a sugar egg, money to give the Church, and a donation in his name. The babies are each getting a children's Bible, an Easter story book, a sugar egg, money for the Church, and a donation in their names.

Jellybean1123
by Jocelyn on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:50 AM
My boys are 12, 7 and 5 months. I think we'll probably do simple Easter baskets with some outdoor/summer toys and a DVD for the older two and for the little guy a new outfit and toys, maybe some of those little puffs or baby yogurt bites.

They are getting Easter baskets from us, and both sets of grand parents, plus one aunt, so we won't do any candy at all. We will do an Easter egg hunt though and fill the plastic eggs with coins and small toys (bouncy balls, wall crawlers, stuff like that.)
k1ara
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:02 AM

My kids are 10, 9, and 15 months.  Not sure what I'm doing for Easter yet.  They still seem to believe in the magic of the Easter bunny, but I think it's slowly disappearing (hopefully they'll keep it alive for their little brother!). Last year the Easter bunny brought them a container full of outdoor toys.. no candy.  DD has already stated that she DOES NOT want anything like that again this year!  So.. I'll probably get the older two a small amount of candy, a special toy that they've been interested in for a while, maybe a DVD or two, and a few fun toys.  I'm not sure if my little guy will get an Easter basket this year.  We already bought him an early gift, a Little Tykes basket ball hoop.. and I'm thinking of getting him a water/sand table.  Since he really doesn't understand the whole Easter holiday or who the Easter bunny is, maybe I'll wait til next year to bring the basket of goodies into play.   The kids will also do an egg hunt, probably several times over.  Hopefully my little guy will have fun finding eggs too!

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Idk. Its still a few weeks away!
soymujer
by Mikki on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:35 AM

The older kids who are 18, 16, 15 will get a package of their favorite candy and some money.  The youngest will get something but not sure what.

family in the van   Mom of four

Dodie702
by Doriane on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:46 AM
My kids are 4 and 5. They are getting a basket with a big chocolate bunny, bubble gun, sand toys, and something they each have been wanting. I'm thinking a 3 ds game or Wii U game.
Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:14 PM

My kids usually get a chocolate bunny, some peeps and a small gift of some sort.  I have no idea what that's going to be yet.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:23 PM

My kids are 15, 10 and 8. All 3 are getting Ty Beanie Baby Ballz. Dd is getting a Baltimore Ravens one, and the boys are getting Colts ones. Plus some candy. We don't do a whole lot for Easter

Here's a pic of dd's toy:

Couldn't find a pic of the Colts ones : )

ljmom24
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:29 PM

I don't celebrate easter and my DH has this odd fear of rabbits (don't ask) but easter bunny doesn't come to our house. he does go to MIL and they will candy and trinket toys. We do owe my oldest a whole mess of jelly beans since he couldn't eat them at all last year because he had oral surgery and a 6 week liquid diet last spring.

huskermom98
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:49 PM

My boys will be getting candy, a book or two, and a few other things in their baskets.

...and there's no such thing as too old for an Easter basket...my siblings and I all still get a basket (and a stocking at Cmas) with goodies from my Mom every year!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)