Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

So What Are You Getting Your??

Posted by   + Show Post
Kids for Easter and how old are they? My kids are all older now ages 11,13,15,17 and they are getting money and a huge chocolate bunny! I loved it when they were little and I could fill Easter baskets up and hide them! That was when they still believed in Eb! So what r u getting your kids and how old are they?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 8:16 AM
Replies (21-30):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Probably nothing - maybe a small bunny each but mine are all about the ages of yours so we go to church but don't do a big thing at home.

CasandraFinlay
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:50 PM
In high school and college, my mom would hide socks and money. Yes. Socks. It was awesome.
LoriAnn87
by LoriAnn on Apr. 2, 2014 at 1:50 PM

I'm doing buckets this year instead of baskets because my boys are going to OCM for a week in June with my husband and in laws.  My boys are 6 and 1 so I'm going to put in some sand toys, candy, lil crunchies, art stuff, books, clothes (t shirts), and beanie boos.

Kageegirl
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 1:59 PM
My 8 year old son is getting a book (diary of a whimp kid hard luck), scooby doo wrestlemania dvd, a gaint stuffed olaf and some candy.

My 7 year old is getting a jake and the neverland t shirt and short outfit complete with a matching hat, sun glasses and flip flops plus some candy.

My 3 year old is getting a set of his favorite cartoons on dvd, some sand box toys along with chalk and bubbles plus candy.
LovlyRita
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Mine are getting new bikes. They both have outgrown theirs and my youngest is getting teased for riding such a small bike to school. Both kids also ride hand me down bikes so it's nice to finally get a new bike of their own.
theresaphilly
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 3:09 PM

My kids are 13, 11, 3 and 3. They all want to make baskets and that is about it. We go to church, well I go to church with my 11 year old and make Easter Dinner. 

agwill0928
by New Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Quoting cindilou13:

A little back story first-we were really struggling financially most of last year and especially at Christmas due to me being off work for surgery and then later on getting rear ended badly enough that our almost new car was totalled.  So the kids barely got anything from 'Santa' or from us, and not much for their birthdays from us either.  We are in a much better position now and we are making up for Christmas a little bit with some pretty big Easter presents.   

We don't put much candy in the baskets because they get so much at egg hunts and from family, so they get a regular candy bar of their favorite type and some gum.  Otherwise they will each get a couple of books, a new toothbrush, some quarters in plastic eggs, a cute notebook and pencils, and a personal item-DD is getting some earrings, DS is getting a tony hawk sporty t-shirt like 'all' the boys are wearing in his grade.   Typically the baskets would be those smaller items plus one small larger gift (like a $15-$25 .toy or lego or whatever).  However the small larger gift for each of them is going to be much bigger this year...DS is getting a Nintendo 3DS and DD is getting two fairly large Lego Friends sets that she's been wanting for months. 

Bash away, I don't care.  Just glad to be able to afford to splurge a little this spring since we couldn't do much last year.  And to make sure they don't expect it all the time, there will be notes from the Easter Bunny in their baskets explaining that he was helping Santa out with some late Christmas presents this year and that normally he won't be bringing them that much (I'll figure out better wording, but you get the idea)

I would do the same thing!   That's awesome!  

Mom2Boys9501
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 3:34 PM
No clue but I still make baskets and they are 18 & 13.
2pink1blue
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 3:39 PM

I love making their Easter baskets and will do it until they are grown and leave the house, same thing with their Christmas stockings.

This year they'll each get new spring PJ's, a new book, a toothbrush, a choclolate bunny, some friuit snacks and a CD or DVD. In addition, DD1 (11) will get a stuffy, some lip glosses, and a couple AG doll outfits. DS(9) will get a couple Lego creatures, a Paper Punk and a new baseball bat.  DD2(6) will get a stuffy, a small Lego set, some hair bands and a dress for her AG doll.

They also each get an Easter outfit for family pictures.

MommyChance
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 3:39 PM
Mine is 7. We do a plastic egg hunt with clues. Instead of just hunting all over, each egg has a clue for the next. Sometimes there's a little piece of candy or trinket in the egg as well. At the end of the hunt is the Easter basket. It'll have some candy, a few books and probably a DVD. It's fun!!!! We also dye eggs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)