Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

?? QOTD ?? 04/03/14

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Jen
  • 34 Replies

If you could change your name what would you change it to? Would you keep the name you have?

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fairegirl33
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:52 AM

I like my name... When I was young, I always wanted to be called Marie, which is my middle name... not a big fan of that name now LOL

Hannahluvsdogs
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:57 AM

I'd keep my name, I feel like it fits me.

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:59 AM
I'm good with my name. Although I'd love for my last name to change. :-)
rockinmomto2
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:02 AM

I don't love my name, but it's been mine for my whole life and I'm used to it.

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:56 AM

I'd change it to my nickname. My parents were under the impression when I was born that people need a formal name, so I have a formal name which I have never gone by and then my nickname. So if I had thought about it way back when I would have changed my first name to my nickname.

2-point-doe
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:10 AM

I would keep my name. As a kid I wanted to be called Elizabeth because of all the shortened and nick names you could make.

NEMommaOf3
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:24 AM

I did change my name when I got divorced. My bio mom was at a loss going through a lot of upheaval. My grandparents who were awesome parents btw told her that they would raise me along with my older sis they already were raising. Nan told mom that if she was going to raise me, she wanted me named Tammy Lee for my first and middle names. That was decided before I was born. I went almost every day for as long as I can remember hearing that my grandmother named me and my mom went along with the choice not because she loved the name, but because she didn't want me...it really had an extremely negative impact. So, after doing a lot of research and family geneaology reading, I changed my entire name in my divorce proceedings when the judge asked me if I wanted to change my last name...I was only going to ask if I could take my grandparent's last name instead of my bio dad's, but when she said I could change my entire name, I did it, taking my great-great grandmother's on both sides of the family's first names for my first and middle names.

I went from Tammy Lee to Moira Finnuala and haven't reacted to my old name once :)

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:24 AM
This..I hate my name growing up. I was teased or it was commented on all the dayam time @@ Some adults still can't resist bit never twice.

However, I never came up with a name I like.better.so I guess.I am stuck with it. My.middle name is worse..so not that either! LOL

Quoting rockinmomto2:

I don't love my name, but it's been mine for my whole life and I'm used to it.

Dodie702
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Nope. I love my name. I was named after both of my grandmothers.
TheartAH
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:32 AM
I do not like my name. It was trendy in the 80's but I feel like it can't be taken seriously and does not fit my personality at all. The nickname is worse IMO (why people I just met feel comfortable calling me it I have no idea) so I guess I'm stuck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)