Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Keeper of Mythical Creatures **UPDATE in red

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:16 PM
  • 24 Replies
2 moms liked this

While my sisters and I were talking, one of my sisters accidently said something about the tooth fairy and how she forgot to put money under the pillow for her daughter once.  Well, my 10 year old daughter heard this but we didn't know.  A few days later she came up to me and asked me if the Tooth Fairy was me.  I looked at her and I asked her what she thought and she said "yes".  She is getting older and she is going into middle school next year so I wanted to be honest and so I told her the truth.  She then asked if I was Santa also.  She said that she did think I was the Tooth Fairy but she wasn't sure about Santa (so cute!!!).  Anyways, I took her to the side and let her in on everything.  I told her that "Santa" is real in the sense that our spirit and giving ways is what makes "Santa". 

My sisters and I were talking about "initiating" her as one of the "Keepers of Mythical Creatures" so it feels more like an honor.  We were even thinking about making a special hat....something like Divine Secrets of the Ya-ya Sisterhood.  hahaha.

Anyway, any ideas on what I can say?  Is there anything out there already that I can have her repeat after us?

We all made a crazy hat for each of us to wear, including my daughter.  We got tealight candles and lit them in a circle and brought her in to a dark room where she stood in the middle of the circle.  She knows how crazy we all are so she was definitely expecting something crazy.  haha. 

So, I read what a fellow CM (see on page 2) wrote and added a few more things  of my own and then we each went around saying something funny.  Here were some of the things my sisters, brother, and nephew said:

- May your feet be swift when you think you are getting caught.

- May you be quiet as a mouse and not knock into anything

- If you are not first, you are last (reference to Talledega Nights movie)

We couldn't help but laugh the entire time and my daughter was laughing too.  At the end, we all gave her a hug.  Later on we talked and I asked her what she thought and she said, "you guys are crazy but it was fun."  One of my sisters (i have 4 sisters and 1 brother) couldn't be there because she lives in another state so we had her on google hangout (kinda like skype) so she was part of it too.  It was a great bonding experience and I'm so glad we did this.  It looks like we'll be able to do more of these in the future since we have 7 more neices and nephews.  hahaha

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Nothing that I know about, but then again I have boys and we didn't really treat "not believing" as a big event in their lives.  Neither of my boys believes any longer.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:17 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm not aware of anything, but I think it's a cute idea, especially since she has younger siblings.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:27 PM

It's a very cute idea! I have nothing to offer as help, though.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Not something I would bother with.

M4LG5
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

Nothing that I know about, but then again I have boys and we didn't really treat "not believing" as a big event in their lives.  Neither of my boys believes any longer.

She was fine and I didn't push it but you don't know my sisters.  hahahah.  Everything has to be an event or a party.  I'm not kidding.  They came up with the idea actually and so we want to create it as an "initiation".  There were 2 boys (my nephews) that were born and then none of us had kids until 7 years later when I had my daughter.  After that, they kept coming. haha.  There are a bunch of small cousins now so we figure it would be nice to do as a someone that can help with her younger sisters and cousins. 

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Sorry, I have no idea. Here's a bump.

PS - It's good to see you around CM once in a while. I hope you're doing well. :-)

soymujer
by Mikki on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Not sure as we didn't do this.  My oldest figured it out and we just told him to keep it to himself.

family in the van   Mom of four

SisterCandice
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:52 PM

BUMP!

M4LG5
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:15 PM
Thanks! I'm just so busy nowadays.

Quoting Barabell:

PS - It's good to see you around CM once in a while. I hope you're doing well. :-)

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:21 PM

I can relate. I've been working way too much this past year.

Quoting M4LG5: Thanks! I'm just so busy nowadays.
Quoting Barabell:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)