• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lunch box ideas??????

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:18 PM
  • 24 Replies
My daughter is 8 years old, we always pack lunch from home but we have run out of ideas!! Do any of you ladies have any ideas of what to pack in the lunch box?? Lunch must be dairy free, low sodium & low fat.
Thanks in advance~
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Truluv4ever
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:22 PM
*****MUST be peanut FREE as well, our School is peanut FREE*****
GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:26 PM
2 moms liked this

The 100 Days of Real Food website has a ton of healthy school lunch ideas.

clairewait
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

One easy one that my kids love is leftover hamburgers.

My children sometimes have access to a microwave and sometimes they do not (depends on if the lunchroom is super busy and their teachers are willing to nuke things for them), but my daughter says it is fine room temp.

So whenever we have hamburgers for dinner I just make a few extra.

Otherwise, honestly, I don't think my kids care as much about the lunch rut as I do. I mean, we do PB&J about three times a week and they never complain.

Luvmy2babies22
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you have a thermos for hot lunch options?...soups, leftover dinner, etc?

We have a Foogo thermos from Amazon (about $15) that has been my favorite thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZoeCY
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

We either usually just do a turkey, ham, or peanut butter sandwich, or she takes leftovers (they have access to a microwave). Then she also gets a fruit (usually grapes, clementine, or applesauce) and a vegetable (broccoli, cucumber, carrots, or snap peas) and a dairy thing.  She would honestly be fine having the same thing everday most of the time though. 

PrincessAsmommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Our kids love to take pasta in a mini thermos and fruit. They also take goldfish, granola and cereal bars. When they take sandwiches it's WOW Butter with jam, cheese whiz, just jam, or on special days fairy bread (bread cut in shapes sprinkled with colored sugar). They also like to take homemade Lunchables ... cut up sausage/bologna/deli meat, crackers, cheese and a treat of fruit or some little sweet thing we might have. They belong to the milk program at school so they get their choice of white or chocolate milk with their lunch. And once every other month they have a whole school hot lunch day ... we are given order forms at the begining of the year .. that is pizza, a smoothie and a big cookie that is bought by the PTA. Then the last day of school before Easter/Spring Break they have a Friendship Meal. It's for the whole school and each grade/class makes a different part of the meal. It's a big turkey meal and they make placemats in art and have big tables set up in the gym with table cloths and each child brings a full place setting (plate, cup and utensils). They LOVE this meal and it's the perfect thing for right before Easter!

frndlyfn
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Hummus w/ pitas,  ants on a log using a dairy free dip or nutella.  Leftovers in a hot foods container.  .fruit smoothies 

lara2184
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:08 PM

!

Truluv4ever
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Thanks, I'll have to check it out! !

Quoting GwenMB:

The 100 Days of Real Food website has a ton of healthy school lunch ideas.

Truluv4ever
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:09 PM
Thanks for the ideas! Now, what is WOW butter? ? Is it good?? What does it taste like?? What is it made from?? Where can I get it??

Quoting PrincessAsmommy:

Our kids love to take pasta in a mini thermos and fruit. They also take goldfish, granola and cereal bars. When they take sandwiches it's WOW Butter with jam, cheese whiz, just jam, or on special days fairy bread (bread cut in shapes sprinkled with colored sugar). They also like to take homemade Lunchables ... cut up sausage/bologna/deli meat, crackers, cheese and a treat of fruit or some little sweet thing we might have. They belong to the milk program at school so they get their choice of white or chocolate milk with their lunch. And once every other month they have a whole school hot lunch day ... we are given order forms at the begining of the year .. that is pizza, a smoothie and a big cookie that is bought by the PTA. Then the last day of school before Easter/Spring Break they have a Friendship Meal. It's for the whole school and each grade/class makes a different part of the meal. It's a big turkey meal and they make placemats in art and have big tables set up in the gym with table cloths and each child brings a full place setting (plate, cup and utensils). They LOVE this meal and it's the perfect thing for right before Easter!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)